Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
theriflesxd

activation problem with superhub, error code 0096

[ Edited ]

Hi, just got the 30mb broadband package and connected to the superhub ok but when I go to activation.virginmedia.com and follow the instructions, it tries to restart the hub but fails, I have tried unplugging it like it says but then it comes up with "Sorry! There was a problem restarting your hub. Please call us on 0845 454 1111 quoting error code 0096 where we'll be able to help"

Thanks for any help in advance

P.S I'm a mac user

Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Re: activation problem with superhub, error code 0096

Hi theriflesxd,

I have sent you a Private Message, could you please reply with the information requested and we’ll get this sorted out for you.

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Kevin_TSC

Its a common error one gets while rebooting the superhub from their computer while activating, however it is advisible to ignore it and reboot the modem and the computer manually and your internet will start working..
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions I post here are my own.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
maffsmonkey

I'm having the same problem. Have tried rebooting hub manually & pc. This does not work. Am renting & virgin broadband & tv is included with rent. Landlord has contacted virgin & says engineer due to come as recently installed TiVo not working. Can access advanced settings. Is there anything I can do?
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Hi theriflesxd,

Has this issue now been resolved for you?

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bohnika

HI I have the same issue 0096. I phoned the customer service 8 times, cost me 20 quid already. They said they will call me back, that never happened!

I just had installation couple days ago and now I still can't use the service, please contact me as soon as possible , I need help!

Thank you,

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Hi bohnika,

I can see that you now have a technician booked.

The technician should be able to resolve the issue you have.

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
lfcrule

I'm having this same problem but possibly under different circumstances to some of the other posts.

I am a student who had the 9 month contract from October 2011 to June 2012 and at the end of the contract, I contacted Virgin Media about the fact that I had decided to stay in the same property and would like to continue on a 9 month contract for the following academic year. This was arranged and so the service in the property was 'downgraded' so that only a landline was still usable. Then after returning and having spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to get it upgraded again, I finally got through to the relations department who were able to organise for broadband to be switched back on the following day and they were to give me a call to confirm everything was in order.

I haven't received any call; and when trying to go through the activation, I have come across this error where the hub hasn't restarted correctly. As I haven't got a handset for the landline and it requires me to call an 0845 number which would cost a lot on a mobile, I'm stuck without internet for the time being.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
theriflesxd

[ Edited ]

nevermind old thread

Please use plain text.