Searching for something?
Bright Spark
mrg9999

Superhub port forwarding

Hardware Version 2.00 Software Version R36

Port forwarding has been fine since July when the superhub was upgraded. Recently it rebooted, and it lost all config. I factory reset it, and set

firewall - low

UPNP-off

forward port 22 / TCP to internal 192.168.0.x address.

rebooted.

port does not forward.

I scanned it with nmap from outsite and port 22 is stealth.

I set the hub in modem mode and conect a router.

port 22 hits the router

I diagnose a problem with the superhub.

If I enable remote connection on port 8080, I can wget the router page, or connect with a browser from 3G.

If I set a proxy arp on my linux machine to the ip of the superhub, and set my ssh listener on 8080, I can get in a few times out of ten, before the superhub locks up, presumably buffer overflow.

For some reason the superhub is not working in port forwarding. I have tried most of the settings one at a time no joy.

temporary fix.

I can run an ipsec vpn originated inside to a site hosted externally. I can then SSH in over the SSL .

This is too much effort.

Can I get my superhub replaced? or a different firmware,  or should I just use it in modem mode with a router and a firewall.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
legacy1

Re: Superhub port forwarding

mrg9999 wrote:

or should I just use it in modem mode with a router and a firewall.

Would you be ok with that?

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: Pingtest, BQM, Speed Test, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
mrg9999

Re: Superhub port forwarding

I'd like someone to acknowledge the problem, and planned roadmap to fix.

Please use plain text.