Ask a question
Emerging Talent
jcb208

Superhub Speed

Just had a replacement superhub  and still can not get a stable connection at 300mbs,just drops the connection all the time. Thats 2 modems now with the same issues.I Know now virgin are recommending using the 145mbs setting..What actual contstant download speed is this capable of.Looks like I will have to revert to modem mode and use my trusty old  belkin router that never drops a 300mbs connection.You would think virgin would of  invested in decent equipment to start with knowing how many customers that will be using it.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

Re: Superhub Speed

it is recommended to drop the speed to 145mb

or you use your own router

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
caveman30

i just put mine in modem mode and use a cheap router which is ton's better than vm superhub http://www.ebuyer.com/169923-tenda-wireless-n150-access-point-router-extender-w311r- £12 i have 4 wired and upto 10 wireless devices connected 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

caveman30 wrote:

i just put mine in modem mode and use a cheap router which is ton's better than vm superhub http://www.ebuyer.com/169923-tenda-wireless-n150-access-point-router-extender-w311r- £12 i have 4 wired and upto 10 wireless devices connected 

looks cheap but cheerful looks like it would def do a better job lol :smileytongue:

the only downfall of that router is the lan thoughput not being gigabit bit not everyone would need it

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Kev_C

Hi jcb208,

I am sorry to hear about the wireless issues. Other than changing channels I would suggest using the superhub in modem only mode and connecting your own router, as previously suggested by other posters.

Regards

Kev C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.