Searching for something?
One to Watch
formbymax

Superhub Port Forwarding not working

I'm trying to configure port forwarding on my VM superhub with no success.  Trying to port forward 25565 (minecraft).  This used to work on my old sky router and i have tested the VM router with a number of port checking tools.  The port will not forward with the router firewall disabled, or the windows firewall disabled.

The PC has a reservation in the DHCP lease and as such has a static internal address.

Could this be a faulty router?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Re: Superhub Port Forwarding not working

Hi Formbymax,

How have you tried to forward the port? Here's a handy guide on how to do this.

If you've already done this or tried it using the guide and still no joy you could try adding the PC to the DMZ though I wouldn't recommend this as this will circumvent security.

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
formbymax

Hi,

yes I tried to configure it the standard way, I have done this before with other routers.  I will try adding to DMZ although this is not an ideal solution.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

You need to make sure there is a rule for Java to be allowed access through the firewall rules on the PC.

Java is the listening point, not Minecraft, so make sure Java is in the rule list!

DMZ is not needed.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.