Ask a question
One to Watch
RaoulDukeGonzo

Step By Step on How to Setup Superhub in Modem mode with Draytek 2130vn

Hi all,

Ok so i have placed the Superhub in Modem mode, connected that to the Draytek in to the WAN port via a patch cable. I am unable to connect to the internet through the Draytek, what settings need to be enabled/disabled to fix this? 

Many thanks

Marc

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

Re: Step By Step on How to Setup Superhub in Modem mode with Draytek 2130vn

Have you got the right port on the hub?

Turn hub off for 2 mins then back on if that don't work try a computer connected to the hub and do the same again.
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

[ Edited ]

hi

1st question has the draytek got an external ip address i.e 80.xxx.xxx.xxx?

2nd question is there an internet light and if so it usually green when connected

3rd have you power cycled the superhub and waited about 3 mins and then turn on the router?

4th if you can try to ping this ip 192.168.100.1 and if you can get to that via a web page?

5th have you got the ethernet patch cable in the firt ethernet port next to the coax conection?

thanks

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
RaoulDukeGonzo

The cable is coming out of the modem mode active port on the Superhub and goes in to the WAN port on the Draytek.

I will power cycle the superhub and see what happens.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
RaoulDukeGonzo

So the "Act" green light is cycling off and on (not full on). The WAN light is full on. 

I am able to connect to the internet through the Superhub with a laptop just not through the Draytek. Can anyone confirm what settings need to be set on the Draytek? Should i use DHCP or Static IP on the Draytek under the WAN section?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

DHCP.

Everything should be set to automatic! Which model Draytek (if the above advice doesn't get you going)?

As mentioned before, connect the router to the powered off SH, power the router up, power the SH up and the IP address should be obtained.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
RaoulDukeGonzo

Right, so it has now connected. Was getting 26ms Latency, reduced to 10ms by turning off the NAT on the Draytek. Speed is down though, can get 50MB/s while connected to the Draytek wired, but about 20MB/s when wirelessly connected using Speedtest. Any ideas? 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

[ Edited ]

Not that you're gonna like what I say, but wireless is a total **bleep**shoot with so many variables.

There's distance, walls, channel contention, interference and a whole load of schmitt to wade through.

Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

Wireless is never any good but if you want better buy better wireless card/USB adaptors.
------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
RaoulDukeGonzo

Well i've been tinkering with the different channels and modes but haven't found a combination that maxes out the connection. Just wished the superhub wasn't so **bleep** where it currently is.

Please use plain text.