on 28-11-2011 09:45
Does anyone found a solution for the event log "Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out"?
I have to reboot the modem and clear the DHCP leases to fix the poor signal of the wireless connections.
Is this the best that can be done?
on 28-11-2011 11:34
Here is the information on my currnt connection status
|Current System Time:Mon Nov 28 11:32:03 2011|
on 28-11-2011 12:12
03-12-2011 10:29 - edited 03-12-2011 10:29
A T3 error is an indication of a potential return path or upstream issue. A colelction of these, large in number, can point to either a local fault or a problem further up the line on the network. As a result, I've checked the network and can see no issues currently and local levels are fine. However, the T3 count is rising. Can you confirm if you are actually having performance problems with the connection?
on 08-12-2011 20:59
I Am also getting these errors and my connection is dire at the moment, my thread also recieved no response can i be checked similarly and my thread looked at please. Thanks.
on 15-12-2011 10:23
The UBR which handles your connection is currently suffering from very high utilisation, particularly at peak times. This has been raised to our network teams under reference F001765648. Work to resolve this issue is currently scheduled to take place on January 11th (although this may be subject to change).
We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
21-12-2011 17:32 - edited 21-12-2011 17:35
Hi Sorry for the delay answering back. I do not have serious problems although I have to reset the Super Hub for time to time to not lose connection with my PS3.
I also received :
all of them in the 04-DEC
on 27-12-2011 12:06
If you are not experiemcing any connection issues you should ignore what the logs say. There will always be error messages in there regardless of your connection state.
27-12-2011 12:07 - edited 27-12-2011 12:10
So what I have found do far is that the modems is trying to update the firmware althought I have the latest version.
Could somebody at VM have a look and tell me what to do, please?
Basically a cable modem gets online this way:
The modem scans for a digital QAM channel (which can be digital TV or modem downstream channels) and "listens" for upstream channel descriptor (UCD) information on it (which is only found on modem downstream channels). If it doesn't get the UCD after a few seconds of receiving data on that channel, a T1 timeout occurs and the modem looks for another digital QAM channel.
Once the modem finds the correct downstream channel and receives the upstream channel descriptor, it then waits for its initial opportunity to "talk" to the CMTS. If it doesn't get that chance within 12 seconds, a T2 timeout occurs.
So during initial modem connections, T1 and T2 timeouts are perfectly normal to see in the modem logs.
After locating a downstream data carrier channel, the modem gets its chance to "talk" to the CMTS and sends data to negotiate the proper upstream signal levels and timing. This negotiation process takes several data exchanges between the cable modem and the CMTS. If at any point the modem doesn't receive a response from the CMTS within about 200 milliseconds, a T3 timeout occurs. Several T3s have to occur before a modem resets.
The modem then goes through the DHCP, TFTP, TOD processes and once all are completed the modem is online.
Once the modem is online, the CMTS sends "Periodic Ranging" or keep-alive requests to it every 30 seconds. If the modem doesn't receive one, a T4 timeout occurs. Once 16 of the T4 timeouts have to occurred, a modem resets.
If there is a downstream communication problem, the cable modem might not receive these "keep-alive requests". If the upstream utilization is too high, or too many modems are connected to the same upstream port, it is possible that some modems will not get the required bandwidth or transmit opportunities to respond to the keep-alive requests. Either of these issues can result in T3 or T4 timeouts occurring.