Ask a question
Bright Spark
Mike1982X
Helpful Answer

My Xbox One is saying I have packet loss

[ Edited ]

the new Xbox One has a network tester app and it is telling me I have 1 or 2% upload packet loss. Can anyone have a look at my connection status please? I have forgotten which stuff I need to paste on here if someone can look.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: My Xbox One is saying I have packet loss

The built in one?

It connects to a us server and is pretty poor
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Mike1982X

[ Edited ]

yes the built in tester. I thought it might be in the US as the latency result is around 160 ping and I get around 20 ping or better on UK servers using pingtest.net.

But what I didn't understand is that my download speeds show the full 60 meg on the Xbox test while when I test US servers on speedtest.net I get low download speed results. ???

I tested ping to my gateway and to bbc.co.uk using the command prompt on my laptop and got 0% packet loss ...

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

You will do

It's just how it works

What speed do you get to a uk speedtest server?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Mike1982X

62 mbps download speed and 3 mbps upload on UK server speedtest.net. If my command prompt ping test to my gateway and to bbc.co.uk has no packet loss should I not worry about this?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Nope

All systems go
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Mike1982X

thanks m8.

Please use plain text.