Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
bbbbbb

LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION

For the last four or five days the internet will cut out maybe once or twice a day and when I try to resolve the problems it says this is the problem. It wasn fine since I signed up over a month ago but is this it turning to **bleep**?

Also quite disturbed as I'm supposed to be upgrading to the 100mb and I really don't wan't to be paying top dollar for an intermittent unreliable service.

Thanks.

I haven't got a clue how to get the superhubs stats or whatever.

Please use plain text.
bbbbbb

Re: LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION

Thu May 05 20:22:30 2011  	 Critical (3) 	 DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Thu May 05 20:22:25 2011  	 Critical (3) 	 No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; 
 Thu May 05 20:21:06 2011  	 Critical (3) 	 Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow 

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi bbbbbb,

I have checked your connection today and cannot see any issues on your modem or the network that would cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

When you exprerience the cut-outs do the lights on the modem change and do you receive any particular error messages on your PC?

Kind Regards,

Neil D
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
bbbbbb

Hi, no the lights don't change and I get no error messages apart form when I click on the internet icon to try and fix it I get the

"LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION" message. Usually I have to reboot the computer to fix it.

There's a guy coming round tomorrow to install the 100mb so I'll say to him.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi bbbbbb

I notice that your using a superhub. Could you try setting the DHCP lease time to 86400 please? You can find this option in the LAN IP section of the superhub config pages

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Hackett

Mine has finally given up the ghost this week. Worked fine for 6 months with my new Dell PC, then on the odd occasion it refused to connect to the internet when the computer booted up.I used to be able to correct it by doing a restart once the connection had failed, but that no longer works.

I have spoken to India twice, and whatever they do corrects the problem, first time I was told I would be sent a new modem (20Mb connection) and today I was told it was a 'problem with my network card', but they managed to get a connection remotley. Looking at the number of people with similar issues the IP card comment is either complete tosh, or IP card reliability leaves a lot to be desired.

Re booting the modem does not work, 'ipconfig/renew' failed as did 'netsh int ip reset log'

Any suggestions?

I am about at the end of my teather with the whole Virgin service!

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
legacy1

bbbbbb wrote:

Hi, no the lights don't change and I get no error messages apart form when I click on the internet icon to try and fix it I get the

"LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION" message. Usually I have to reboot the computer to fix it.

If your having to reboot to fix it then at what point do you get “LOCAL AREA CONNECTION DOESN'T HAVE VALID IP CONFIGURATION"? If you have your PC set to sleep after xx mins then this is likely the reason.

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: Pingtest, BQM,Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Hackett

Spoiler

My daughter has suggested booting the computer up and then switching on the modem - it worked for her this evening........

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
PatrickF

Hi Hackett,

Apologies for the delay in a reply to your post in this thread.

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Podant

Have you tried to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)?

Please use plain text.