Searching for something?
Making Waves
robber7890

Can't get to router login page

Only very occasionally, and then only after a re-boot - sometimes - can I get in to my Super(not)hub from 192.168.0.1.

I can ping it no problem

I guess my best bet is to disable to router part and use it in modem-only mode.

But I need to get in to set this up...

Anybody able to offer any advice?

TIA.

rob

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

Re: Can't get to router login page

When I was in router mod, I had this but got in with 192.168.100.1

It;s a crazy device and I urge you to go to modem mode with your own router.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
robber7890

Thanks, but can't get in with that IP address either...

would love to go to modem mode BUT I need to get in first to set this.

rob

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

...but I had to do a pinhole reset first to be able to log in (once I'd lost the login). Put a paper clip in for at least 10 seconds.

A wretched awful schmitty device, isn't it?

Please use plain text.
Boffin
martileic

Might be worth a try with a different web browser, I remember them saying some people were experiencing difficulties with one of them with R36

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

Yeah - it was Chrome that had the problem.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
robber7890

Thanks guys - just tried Opera - no difference.

Will take my gonads in hand tonight and try 'modem only' mode. - assuming I can get into router via direct ethernet connection to change setting...

rob

Please use plain text.
Wizard
MikeMartin

The problem of not being able to login to the Superhub has been an issue for months and months, and has affected many Virgin customers (as proved by posts on several other threads).  For example, it has been a major issue for myself from the day I first received a Superhub in Jan'12.

Customers find they can only see the Superhub login page after a reset or power cycle, but after a few days any attempt to access the login page (192.168.0.1) results in a time out.  Clearly, it is unacceptable to expect customers to reset their Superhub every few days.

The issue is due to a Superhub firmware bug in R30, that was never fixed in R36 i.e. the issue has been there for many, many months.

Regardless of what Virgin staff may believe, it is not a Chrome related issue. For example, I have never run Chrome, yet have always had the issue. I have only every run Internet Explorer(on two seperate PCs) and Safari(on two separate iPads, plus on an iPod Touch) i.e. the issue is seen on five separate devices, none of which runs Chrome.  Also, many other customers have posted that they have not been using Chrome.

I do wish this issue was taken more seriously by Virgin, and given some effort to fix, and also not confused as a Chrome related issue.

FYI, another thread has been running for many months describing the same issue. So far that thread has nine pages of posts i.e. many posts from many users covering both R30 & R36. Maybe you should add your comments there are well in the hope of getting some action from Virgin to fix the generic firmware bug.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-Setup-Equipment/Can-t-get-SuperHub-login-page-support...

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
robber7890

Thanks for that - some comfort to hear I'm not alone...

rob

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Hi robber7890,

Sorry to see that you've experienced problems with our equipment, just to clarify - have you performed a factory reset on the Superhub?

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.