Ask a question
Wizard
MJBMarcus

2 XBOX ,1 SUPERHUB.

Is the Superhub capable of giving 2 xbox360's access to xboxlive at the same time? No matter what I try the best I can get is one with a strict nat which means bassically unusable on live.

At worst 1 will get kicked off when the other signs into live. I've tried portforwarding etc but I can't get it to work. I am also aware of how to connect a router to the superhub but I don't have or want a second device.

So does anyone know how get 2 xbox360's connected and gaming at the sametime using the superhub and ONLY the superhub or is this issuse going to need a firmware update to resolve?

Who would of thought VM's super high speed latest technology superhub can only handle on gaming device connect at anytime. Its 2011 and its all about the connected home,,,,,Just dont all connect at the sametime.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs

Re: 2 XBOX ,1 SUPERHUB.

I use to 2 xboxs on my superhub no problems (both nat type open). My hub is set as standard with no port forwarding and both xboxs are hard wired.

Wizard
MJBMarcus

Well when my superhub was "standard" with 2 wired 360's one ALWAYS had a strict nat(1 xbox the old type and one is the newer xbox"s")

Both were wired via ethernet but 1 always has a strict nat. How are you testing your nat? Because no matter what I do black ops always tells me I have a strict nat on one xbox . The strict xbox never finds or joins games and I know others with the same issue.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs

[ Edited ]

Modern warfare 2 on both says nat type open. I do have black ops aswell which also says open.

When I first had the super hub in trial period I have a couple of problems but since the firmware update I have never had a problem.

Just as a test if you dont mind can you reset the hub back to factory state and try again?

Wizard
MJBMarcus

Already did it after the previous reply, same problem

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs

Dont know what else to suggest then. You have same setup as me yet mine is fine.

Making Waves
mathj

i been having the exact same problem

it worked for a while but then it refused to keep 2 xboxes connected

i have tried resetting the hub too see how it goes, will report back

anyone know when they are going to be sending out the new firmware??

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mathj

[ Edited ]

right i think i got it working so i will post my findings here incase it can help others

problem: 2 xboxes 1 wired other wireless will not connect to live at the same time

i could not connect 2 xboxes at the same time if one was online the other one would get kicked off live and would not reconnect

first i done a factory reset on the hub and the 2 xboxes would connect but 1 had a strict nat type and the other would have a open nat type and the xbox with the strict nat type would not connect to any servers

so i went into services under the content menu and turned the following of:

firewall features

port scan detection

ip flood detection

all webfeatures where turned off by default

i then went into the lan ip section and give the 2 xboxes static ip addresses

then i went into the dmz section and set the first xbox as the dmz host

then i went into the port forwarding section and added the mac id of the 2nd xbox with the following ports forwarded too it

88 (udp)

3074 (udp & tcp)

53  (udp & tcp)

80 (tcp)

i then rebooted the hub and turned on both the xboxes and they both connected to a cod mw2 server with open nat types

hope this help others get there consoles working with the hub

cheers

math

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
badge

I shall be having the superhub installed next Tues and shall be having 4 xboxes on the hub 3 wired 1 wireless. i do so hope they will work fine.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

badge wrote:

I shall be having the superhub installed next Tues and shall be having 4 xboxes on the hub 3 wired 1 wireless. i do so hope they will work fine.

The SuperHub (VMDG480) is fine. There is confusion sometimes as the other (non-Super) Hub (VMDG28) still does have an issue for which a fix is currently being tested

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.