Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
blugamma

Youtube isn't loading any videos! (Buffering issue)

[ Edited ]

My laptop, Desktop and your VIRGIN MEDIA mobile you gave us can't even load any youtube video in any way?

I have tried clearing the cache, i've tried turning the (not so) superhub on and off this did nothing?

Do you guys have a problem with youtube or something because back earlier in the year you had youtube buffering problems also.

The problem is that every video i want to watch on youtube it will just do a quick loading circle and then have a black screen and the video is at 00:00.

I'm connected by Wired and Wireless and it happens on both things! oh and i forgot even on your 3G network it won't load?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
tezzanator

Re: Youtube isn't loading any videos! (Buffering issue)

[ Edited ]

I'm having exactly the same issue.

It seems to be totally random which videos work and which ones never start and changing the resolution does not help. The connection is otherwise fine, I can download games off steam fine and iplayer seemingly loads fine (Except at peak times where HD content is buffer-tastic)

Really annoying. I don't own a TV, youtube is my daily source of video content.

Ever since Virgin took over my cable service (I still had an NTL Provided Terrayon modem until a couple of years back!) it's got steadily worse. At this point the 3G connection my smart phone provides is more consistent.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Nick_BD

I have the same issue,

Youtube video won't even load, plays the advert then stops at 0 and doesn't play. Only started happening within the last hour for me.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
alferret

It's a known common fault. Everyone knows VM can't supply youtube streaming without issues. 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
tezzanator

The problem persists, every day the same thing happens at around the same time every day.

Time to change provider I think because it's pretty much unusable. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Tie69

I've been having this issue for the past week too, majority of the time it's fine then suddenly the video simply refuses to load at all, even trying to download the video file directly through a script I have doesn't work.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi All

We are currently investigating YouTube streaming issues under fault ref. F002441465

Please post any follow ups to this thread to the thread at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-60Mb-Speed/YouTube-Issues-as-requested-by-VM/td-p/1805964/...

I am now locking this thread as we attempt to keep all the YouTube issues in one place.

Many Thanks

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.