Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
r1chey

Less than 1Mbps

Hi folks

Having big trouble with wildly fluctuating download speeds here in G20. Daytime is OK, but late afternoon and evening I'm getting less than 1Mbps. Checked the usual things (i.e. connecting via cable instead of wireless etc). Worried that if I call an engineer, they'll come in the day and it will all look fine! Any help gratefully received,

Rich 

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Re: Less than 1Mbps

Hi r1chey,

I can see that you'd be affected by the high utilisation fault F002100299 which would fit the symptoms you describe.

This is an issue on the local network and is due to be fixed by infrastructure work late next month. Allowing for time after this work to monitor to ensure all has gone as planned, we expect everything to be completed by the 3rd October.

Please bump this thread for further updates.

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
r1chey

Thanks for the response. Long time to wait for a fix, but it helps to know something's happening,

Rich

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
chrissidwick

Hi Jason, im having the same issue postcode bs37 8tf , ive just clocked 0.18mbps, broadband continues to disconnect on nights which is evident when u play online poker, flies at 30 + mbps during the day, is my area due for a fix? Cheers
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Nicola_C

Hi chrissidwick

I have run checks on you connection and cannot find any issues with levels, noise or errors etc. The part of the network you are on does get busy during the evenings but it is not at a level where we would send it to the network team. We will continue to monitor it thank you.

Nicola_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.