Emerging Talent
EasterEEL

Broadband doubled from 30Mb to 60MB but far worse internet experience.

I used to get a reliable 30MB down/ 3MB up.  NOW it is **bleep** everything seems sluggish.  Sometimes speedtest.net tells me I am getting 60MB down but only from major centres such as Milton Keynes / Manchester etc.  The rest less than the 30MB I used to get before.  I'm only getting 2.9MB up less than the 3.1MB I had before so that hasn't been increased yet.

Anyway no matter what the figures state sadly I have gone from a reliable fast service to a sluggish feeling service and many www sites seem to have a pregnant pause when you click on them which I am guessing is DSN relelated.

Great init.  Talk about breaking something that wan't broken just to get a headline figure in the advert!

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Re: Broadband doubled from 30Mb to 60MB but far worse internet experience.

Hi EasterEEL,

I can see some small utilisation spikes but nothing that should cause the issues you mention. I am seeing a number of T3 and some T4 timeouts too, although your modem hasn't been rebooted in over a month so I can't tell if these are a recent development or not. If so then you'd need a technician visit.

Could you post a copy of your hub's Event Log, as well as traceroutes and ping tests to the BBC website please?

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
AnelaMajdanac

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I am having the same problem if I check my speed through ethernet it is almost 63mb but if I check it wireless it's about 30mb at most sometimes 2.3 but no higher then 30mb. It's annoying because my subperhub is located in an awkward place by my window in the living room but even if I check my speed in the living room it isn't much better. It is kind of frustrating to know that you could be getting 60mb but you are only getting half of that and less. 

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Amer_Z

Hi AnelaMajdanac,

Having the SuperHub situated by the window is not an ideal place, due to being at one complete end of the house. Electrical devices should never be in contact with direct sunlight. Can you reposition the SuperHub to a more suitable location, maybe shoulder height away from any electrical wiring  /devices? or in more of a centralised position within the property?

Amer_Z

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
AnelaMajdanac

Hi 

No that is as far as it goes it's really inconvenient. The cable is very short 

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
AnelaMajdanac

Would it be possible to have someone come in and move it away from the window? 

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ChaosWater

Why don't you just buy a CAT5 ethernet lead to plug into your computer to the SuperHub?

Ethernet is 10 times the speed of most WiFi devices, and you're guarenteed to get the maximum speeds most times during the day.

You can pick a 15m up on eBay for about £3.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
AnelaMajdanac

Thank you for your reply and suggestion but I don't see how that would work the living room is very far there would be cable through living room and looong hall and then in my bedroom I use my laptop and I move around so I would have to take the cable with me lol (and also I don’t think my mum would like that) I just wish the modem was put somewhere else it's in a really inconvenient place as it is if we decide to move any furniture around we know that we have to leave a certain space where the modem is

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi AnelaMajdanac,

My apologies for this. If the coaxial cable was left too short during the installation (and this then means that you have no choice but place the Superhub in an unsuitable location) then we should be able to get this amended for you. 

If the position of the Superhub is simply inconvenient then you would have to speak to our Customer services department who can arrange for the Hub to be re-sited, but will charge you for this.

From what you have described, I believe the former is applicable here, so have sent you a PM regarding a technician appointment. We shall be happy to arrange this for you once we receive your reply.

Jen_A

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

or just buy yourself a new coax cable
Please use plain text.