Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Bright Spark
simon0121

Booted offline On xbox

[ Edited ]

Hello There, For the past day or 2 now i have been playing on the xbox360 platform and playing competitive gamebattles on call of duty.

The problem i have is not with my internet connection or my wireless at all. But its the fact that twice now i have been booted offline by the opposing team because they are loosing. This has been an issue in the past for me where yourselves have had to change my i.p or do something to stop these attacks.

I Know i am being booted because my connection goes really slow, disconnects me from xbox live then reconnects me after 5 minutes. this has happened once this morning at 2:58am and also again today at 17:28 .I have checked my firewall logs and they have shown the results below:

http://imgur.com/vQ21yCI

as you can see the one at 17:59 is the one i am concerned about. the count is never over 1 with a tcp-udp port scan as i check frequently, this count number seems to rise every time i get booted offline.

Is there a way to specifically stop this? I can give you the gamertags on the xboxlive system if it is any help, because unfortunately the logs themselves do not show where the flood is coming from.

FURTHERMORE WHEN I PHONED ABOUT THIS ISSUE I WAS CONNECTED TO YOUR TIER 2 DEPARTMENT, AND AFTER EXPLAINING MY PROBLEM THEY HUNG UP ON ME, I FIND THIS EXTREMELY RUDE.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Re: Booted offline On xbox

Hi Simon0121, 

It doesn't sound like you've had the best of times with this so far. I've had a quick look at your connection. I know you said that it wasn't a connection issue but I always like to be sure.

I can see that there is a fault in your area F002856034 Utilisation. This can tend to be quite a complex fault and can sometimes take a little while to fix. I don't have a resolved date for this at the moment but the engineers are working as hard as they can to get things sorted.

Back to your original query, I do understand how frustrating it can be to be kicked from a server when you're winning. It has happened to me on occasion and I wear it as a badge of honour for being awesome at the game was playing. However it isn't necessarily fair and I know it can kill your stats. 

If you feel that it has taken an unpleasant turn and is happening more often than not. Then pop the details here 

http://virg.in/reportspam

I Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
horseman

simon0121 wrote:.....

as you can see the one at 17:59 is the one i am concerned about. the count is never over 1 with a tcp-udp port scan as i check frequently, this count number seems to rise every time i get booted offline.

Is there a way to specifically stop this? ....

From the log you posted the past syn floods from various Polish,Dutch,Spanish/Portugese and even a Sky user were back mid November! 

Your 11Jan flood was from VM's DNS/cache server and as such can be discarded as a false+ indicator more likely a result of utilisation/line impairment AND NOT a malevolent DOS attack! :smileywink:

IP Flood and Port Scan options can be a little unsettling - sometimes it's better to leave them disabled? (Ignorance is bliss perhaps)

However if you do get a future occurrence of frequent DDOS/Syn flood attacks from other (non VM server) IP addresses then your course of action is probably limited and to copy one of my posts on another thread:

---------------------------------------

They can't directly unfortunately as VM have no jurisdiction off-net and insufficient resource to allocate static IP's (unless you're Business customer).  Your best case scenario's will be:

1. Report > http://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/

2. Enable Modem Mode and force IP change by cloning or changing new WAN mac address from router/end device directly cabled to SHub/CM.

3. Use proxy/anonymous server or VPN as you're doing

4. Contact Admin/Webmaster of hosting site.

5. Any or all of the above.

Apart from 1 above VM can't offer any assistance directly as the responsibility lies off their network.

--------------------------------------

hth - good luck with utilisation issue in meantime.

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
simon0121

Thanks for the replies. could you shed some light on these recent firewall logs and tell me what this is? as again i was booted off when playing competitively again.

http://imgur.com/AJmjAEP

Please use plain text.
Superuser
horseman

The ICMP REQ/REP (with MultiCast or BroadCast destination address) is from your LAN (SHub) 192.168.0.5? If the SYN Floods are from Non VM users I can't see VM being particularly interested either. Have you placed any device in your DMZ by any chance? If so disable it.
Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Please use plain text.