Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Wizard
stuart77

30mb being upgraded to 50mb

I logged into my account tonight and received a message over the next few months the 30mb service is being upgraded to 50mb.  I was invited to register my interest so I would get a notification.

I cannot find any news online about this - is there an official link to this info?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: 30mb being upgraded to 50mb

What more official do you want?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/Hold-On-To-Your-Hats-Virgin-Media-Announce-Even-Fa...
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Wizard
stuart77

Didn't see that, thanks for the link.

Quite unhappy reading it's merely a sweetener for the next round of price increases - so we had increase in Feb, just had another increase last month, we're now set for a third increase averaging 6.7%.  How are three price increases in just over 12 months justifiable?  This works out around 22% higher for me than the prices I was paying in January this year and that really is taking the biscuit.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
stellamaris5

and you will only get 50Mb if you sign up for another 12 month contract :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Price increases happen.
It's how the business world operates.

You either pay, or find another provider, then be in the same situation with them somewhere down the line.
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

stuart77 wrote:

Didn't see that, thanks for the link.

Quite unhappy reading it's merely a sweetener for the next round of price increases - so we had increase in Feb, just had another increase last month, we're now set for a third increase averaging 6.7%.  How are three price increases in just over 12 months justifiable?  This works out around 22% higher for me than the prices I was paying in January this year and that really is taking the biscuit.

The price changes last month for standalone broadband and Sky Sports.

Last time Sky Sports was increased in price was 12 month prior as set by Sky, and I would expect that as standalone broadband price has only just been changed, it wouldn't be changed again as part of any February price change.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
davrowen

I would like to enquire if there are any plans to complete the previous "Speed Doubling" upgrade by increasing the upload speed on 30Mb/s services to 3Mb/s before work starts on this new upgrade?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
penguin42

Yeh agreed, 50mb/2mb is going to be a very weird combination (is it even possible to get 50mb with 2Mb up?)

Frankly, I'd rather have something more balanced - 30/5 would be much more useful.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
SaintlyK

Only just read this, will this be the same long process that happened last time, I gave up waiting for my 60mb upgrade as it was taking well over a year, and decided to go to a then cheaper 30mb stand alone. I also see they say don't worry the price will not be increasing, how come i now read prices are going up in Feb, AGAIN !

Please use plain text.
Wizard
stuart77

Is it confirmed standalone broadband won't be rising in price then?  This is the big beef for me, it rose in January, it rose last month, a third rise in such a short amount of time is way too much.

Also where is it mentioned a new 12 month contract will be required?

Please use plain text.