Ask a question
Bright Spark
stebart3

thinking of leaving virginmedia

Hi 

thinking of leaving virginmedia should be easy been all over the website phoned 150. there isnt a easy to contact virginmedia to leave. Once they get you they wont let you leave

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
kmarsh31

Re: thinking of leaving virginmedia

0845 454 1111 or 150 from VM phone option 5 option 2

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
stebart3

hi

option 5 not working website goes in circles so i just cancelled my direct debt at bank virgin will phone me when no payment virgin media what a joke

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Your credit history will be a joke now
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
kmarsh31

I hope your contract had ended then? If you 'legally' are not eligible to cancel the contract without fee you'll end up with debt collectors asking for the monies while it keeps building up.

I cannot test the phone options right now as I have an engineer booked so the options seem slightly different to before. But just incase it's normal - Using 5 (moving house) - 3 (want to leave for any other reason)

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

stebart3 wrote:

hi

option 5 not working website goes in circles so i just cancelled my direct debt at bank virgin will phone me when no payment virgin media what a joke

I hope you are not saving for a mortgage as actions such as this kill your credit history, it is certainly not clever or a good idea so expect calls and possibly a CCJ on your record.

I would reinstate your Direct Debit ans speak to Customer Relations on 150 from a Virginmedia phone line or 0845 454 1111 from any other phone line choose option 5 option 2 and an agent will advise you about disconnecting as you need to give 30 days notice.

If you are adamant you want to leave they will just let you but cancelling your payment is just stupid as it will not hurt the company but it will damage your credit rating which will not be Virgin media's fault.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
stebart3

hi

thanks for advice i have phoned virgin billing told them i cancelled direct debt and to send my bill out. 

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
dozer167

stebart3 wrote:

hi

stebart3,

No ... no ... no!   That's the very worse thing you could of possibly done, cancelling your direct debit with virgin media.     It's your responsibility to let  Virgin know if there is any issues with any of there services, through calling them "FREE" on 150 from a virgin landline, or virgin mobile, or alternatively calling 0845 4541111 (chargeable) from any other telephone, as they aren't mind reader, being able to know that some thing is wrong, before you tell them.     

Customer services may be busy at times, so it may take some time, or need redialling, before your call is answered, though if your calling virgin media on the 150 number there isn't a charge for the call, its just a matter of persevering until you eventually get through.

I personally find that calling as soon after 08:00hrs in the morning gets a result.     

Ok.....so now now you've cancelled your direct debit, so for one, virgin will charge you a fee for not paying your direct debit, then if YOU do not contact THEM, then your account details are past over to a debt collection agency to recover the debt to virgin media, which will include none payment of initial direct debit, cancellation fees, the outstanding balance on your contract, meaning if you had 5 months left to run from a 12 month contract at say your package cost of £60.00 per month, then that would be an additional fee of £300.00.  Then there is the default notice that is then placed on your Experia credit record, which will show you as a bad payer / bad risk, therefore obtaining credit in the future, would become exceedingly hard to obtain.      So my friend, you've opened a can of worms for yourself, and through your own recklessness, its going to cost you hundreds of pounds and your credit worthiness.        

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Wizard
gordyb

Take the man's advice from above will save you a fortune in the long run.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
stebart3

hi

i been on the phone to vm again and i'am process of canceling my services as i had fault for 8 months had 3 superhubs had 3 engineerers last engineerer said hed get back me but never did vm cant or wont fix my internet fault so i changing isp thanks all for your advice

Please use plain text.