BWG
Crafty
BWG

Re: service outage across the UK.

[ Edited ]

What a shambles. The service was restored here (HP4, Herts) a few hours ago after been intermittent for the last 24 hours, but has now dropped completely. (I'm using a 3G wireless hotspot to connect presently) Get a grip Virgin Media, this level of 'service' is ridiculous. What's the point of sending out emails saying you're doubling your broadband speed if it isn't going to be available for a lot of the time? Get the existing service levels up to a better standard before worrying about increasing speed.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

BBC report here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16611686

I especially like the last 3 paragraphs :smileytongue:

"One offered some advice: "Dear Virgin Media, have you tried turning it off and on again, kind regards, the whole of the UK."

A statement on the Virgin Media website offered similar advice to those still experiencing problems.

"If you have still not been able to reconnect - please try powering down your router for five minutes and then turn back on and this should re-establish your connection," it said."

I seem to remember that much the same advice also worked for the BBC during their own little episode, but I don't see any reference to that in Auntie's article :smileyvery-happy:

Fresh as a Daisy
stutheeagle

I'm down here in Surrey, from 9pm last night both my broadband and TV Tivo service went offline!

It's now 3pm the following day! and guess what ?  still NOT working!  I look forward to a rebate Virgin !!

I work from home!  not happy...

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

I wouldn't use the i can;t work as a reason. they might use the against the terms as a getout
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Caesium

It's actually against the T&C of the residential service to use it for commercial/business purposes (Section D,1,h at http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html) so I'd keep quiet about that if I were you.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

[ Edited ]

Working from home for your employer is allowed.

Wizard
Seffrid

It seems to be back to normal for me in GU14. As of late evening yesterday there were still a couple of websites I couldn't access but they're ok this afternoon and everything else seems to be ok.

I typed the above rash statement with great difficulty as I had all my fingers firmly crossed while doing so!

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Thanks Seffrid for confirming that.

Is there anyone else out there with any residual issues ffrom this outage last week?

Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.