Searching for something?
One to Watch
bradders_1987

problem with xbox live using The Virgin Media Hub(NETGEAR VMDG280 Wireless 'N' Cable Gateway)

I used to have a problem with signal dropouts and kept getting disconnected from the internet and any game servers i was playing on (on my 360). I best make it clear im connecting hub to xbox via ethernet cable and not wireless. The engineer came round to fix it and he did this by replacing an attachment that had ''6 dB'' written on it, and changed it to what now says ''forward path equaliser 8 dB''...  ever since then i can not play a game on live without my character looking like an epileptic on steroids enjoying an 80s disco night. I find my character jumping all over the screen, running through doors to find its jumped me back intime and ill have to do it again. Iv phoned virgin to explain the problem only occured after they made the change to which they replied '' we dont support xbox live'' and because its not actually causing any trouble with the internet on my pc theres nothing they can do. Apologies for the novel but i dont know much about these things so i can to explain as clear as i could. does the problem lay with my hub, the connection from the modem to the xbox, could the xbox be faulty and not picking up the signal properly or could it be something to do with the new attachment??? id be extremely greatful for any feedback ... thanks

Please use plain text.
Wizard
lastmadrich

Re: problem with xbox live using The Virgin Media Hub(NETGEAR VMDG280 Wireless 'N' Cable Gateway)

ok il try help u

xbox under settings tab go to network and connections tab preform a network test on your xbox what should happen is this

1.your sighned out xbox live

2.connection test to modem or router (should be green)

3.connection to the internet

4.connection to the live servers bear in mind this a 2 part test in 1 what your looking for is a complete test to live server without any warning triagles or half black line saying nat type not open.

if all that checks out ok chances are it the servers and the people your connecting to bad connection try another game but also my vm takes 1 or 2 games for connection to stableise befor runs well without odd hick up.

2nd if your nat comes back as as open try logging into hub pages

1.open windows explore

2.type 192.168.100.1 in web address bar hit enter

3.on log in page usser name should be admin pass should be blank unless u changed settings

4.botom of first page in writing should say advanced settings

5.turn off the router firewall settings

6.click through all pages changeing the settings like allow multi streams tick box allow unp(peer to peer)thing and also allow plug and play save and exit

7turn off both hub and box

8.turn hub on wait for it to all connect then turn xbox on try again see how u get on

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
robwink

Re: problem with xbox live using The Virgin Media Hub(NETGEAR VMDG280 Wireless 'N' Cable Gateway)

my son is having problems with his x box live connection it keeps cutting him out of his game what could it be x

Please use plain text.
Wizard
lastmadrich

is connection wireless or wired ? what router make and model ?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
TTD187

[ Edited ]

Hello there, There is nothing wrong with your Xbox! Don't send it for repairs.

I suggest cancelling you connection and switching to sky.

I'm paying £10-15 for 20MB D/L, I'm using a wireless connection one floor up (I live in a tall house, it's not big though), I'm using a single pronged wireless adapter and if I have lag, there is a VERY little amount when playing with someone using Virgin Media :smileytongue:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I've had bad experience with VM too, Paying for 10MB, £25 and I got 1MB, sometimes if that!

I know people who also struggle to play on XBL too, all using Virgin Media, Virgin Media just sucks, no doubt about it "We don't support Xbox Live" I would just stop paying my bill that second.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

you registered to tell people to switch to sky. i'm guessing i know who you work for
Please use plain text.
Superuser
horseman

Check out >Virgin Media Hub - R09 Firmware Pilot

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Please use plain text.