Ask a question
One to Watch
gingercat65
Helpful Answer

cost of 30mb connection compared with 60mb connection.

Due to economic conditions I am going to drop down to 30mb connection from 60mb connection.  Does this mean giving up my existing superhub for a lesser one and also what difference does it make to the cost.  I am at present on XL broadband package.  

Should I have posted this message in the wrong forum, please excuse me.

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

Re: cost of 30mb connection compared with 60mb connection.

you will need to call CS to check that as it will require access to your account and that can not be done here due to data protection
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

There would be no change to the kit needed. As for cost differences, it depends on what your package is but for broadband when taken with a phoneline the difference between L 30 and XL 60 is £4 a month

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

[ Edited ]

The cost difference is a small one, If you go through retentions then you may find the differnece is laughable.

For example, I am currently paying £27.90 for xl+phone and the base price is £32.40 (varies).

With the £30 online sign up and half price for 6 months (18 month contact) then new customers pay an average of £27.57 PCM

((£32.4*18) - £30 - (£9.5*6)) / 18 = ~£27.57

So phone retentions and try to get a price around that mark.

The 30 meg offer (when using the above math) works out to about £24.32 for phone + BB, so aim there with retentions if you plan to go "down" a tier.

Good Luck and be nice to the staff in retentions as they are the only ones who can key these changes.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
gingercat65

Thanks very much for your helpful ewply.  Just one question, how do I get in touch with the "retentions" people, as I am not familiar with this phrase.

Again, many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

[ Edited ]

150 - select the option "thinking of leaving us".. Do it sometime in the morning if possible, and during normal hours. 

Also keep in mind that retention offers usually incur a re-start of the contract cycle, usually 12 or 18 months.  If you are on a 30 day rolling now and need a lower price then tell them you are having a hard time meeting your bills and explain what you want, they SHOULD be receptive.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.