Gaming Support

Get support for online gaming setup and connection issues

258 Posts

Email

For all Virgin Media Mail questions.

2966 Posts

Activity in Broadband

SMTP Outlook / Windows Live / Windows 7 / SSL Problems - WORKAROUND

Thanks to Snoopdog for finding this but it seems that if you just use SMTP port 25 with no encryption (no TLS or SSL) then finally we can send e-mail again.Previously SMTP without SSL on port 25 was unsupported. However, now it is! How strange. That ...

techweb by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sudden drop in SamKnows RealSpeed to router

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ tests to my Hub 5x usually show download speeds of 1140-1142 Mbps (I am on the Gig1 Full Fibre package). However, since yesterday evening the tests to the hub struggle to achieve more than 250-300 Mbps. I have rebooted...

betaspin by On our wavelength
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook e-mail error (0x800CCC1A) :

Was working fine until yesterday but now getting the following error message when I try to send an email from Outlook using my virginmedia.com account Task 'Bernard - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection...

Weak signals on 15 devices

My hub was replaced a week ago and now I have intermittent contact with the hub. There are suddenly issues connecting with all devices. Weak signal being the fault.  Can anyone help please

Network Routing Issue

Hi,I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine f...

tracert.png
plynch66 by Dialled in
  • 57 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't log in to My Virgin Media, web mail, or the smtp server

Been having problems getting mail since yesterday. I have managed to get some things going again.Bottom Line is the IMAP server works.The outgoing SMTP server works.The incoming SMTP server gives the encryption connection error.I use a prog called Ma...

Resolved! How long does a speed upgrade take?

Ordered a speed upgrade online on Monday after it was offered by SMS with a slight price increase. Order was confirmed online (I have the order reference) but was sent to an old email which I'd upgraded ages ago.Spoke to support who've upgraded my em...

endure by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Email not receiving with Outlook - connection error's

Been using Outlok for ages with no problems at all, then yesterday it suddenly stopped collecting emails along with the 0x800CCC1A error message.I can send but not receive mail.iMap works fine on my phone and Ipad.I followed other replies and set up ...