Gaming Support

Get support for online gaming setup and connection issues

256 Posts

Email

For all Virgin Media Mail questions.

2942 Posts

Activity in Broadband

Disappointing

Up until a few months ago, I was on EE, with a 330MB connection. And most of the time I was getting around 250MBPS to devices over WIFI.I moved to Virgin a few months ago on a 1GBPS connection, with fibre to the premises. However, I actually get slow...

Resolved! Outlook SMTP SSL Error

I am using a very old e-mail client Outlook 2010 but until today have had no issues sending / receiving mail. However today I get this:"0x800CCC1A " your server does not support the encryption type you have specified"I wonder if some new requirements...

techweb by On our wavelength
  • 25 replies
  • 2 kudos

Network Routing Issue

Hi,I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine f...

tracert.png
plynch66 by On our wavelength
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x no DMZ and modem mode

Hi all,Ive been reading up here an see that the modem mode is not available yet but I see al lot of people going the double NAT route using DMZ.i decided to try that but noticed I don’t have DMZ option on mine. So I configured it anyway and it seemed...

Old superhub 1?

Hey allMy hub has not been particularly reliable lately, it may work ok for a couple of weeks then drop out repeatedly for a few days.I have been with virgin since they took over telewest communications.I have had a look at the back of the router and...

Trev1972 by Dialled in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blueyonder not sending e-mails

Can anyone suggest why Blueyonder is not sending some of my e-mails, even when I am replying to ones sent to me. They are being routed to my drafts folder.  There is no problem when I use my i-pad

Gooser42 by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

low device signal strength on Hub 5

So, having rebooted my Hub 5 following a broadband upload speed boost, I ran a network check on the hub and was told there were WiFi Issues.  The upshot is that two devices were flagged as "The device has low signal strength, please move it closer to...