Ask a question
Brainbox
dooz

activate other ports

i have my laptop thru ethernet and my lad had his xbox thru ethernet how to activate the other ports:smileyembarrassed:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

Re: activate other ports

not with you really - is this a super hub - if its in router mode then all 4 ports are live

Tony
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
dooz

sorry its a hub and i am using one port and i need to activate another port so me lad can coonect his xbox thru ethernet.acording to my hub setting it saying. When in Modem Mode, only one Ethernet port will be active on your Super Hub, by the way thanks for quick reply

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

ok - the hub or super hub in modem mode only has one port active - there is no way to activate any more ports - you would need to switch it out of modem mode - that would then activate all 4 ports - if you do that remember to set up wireless security so no one external can use your wifi or simply turn it off in the settings

puzzled as to why you run it in modem mode - but there could be many reasons - if you have a router connected to it then just connect the xbox to that

Tony
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
dooz

adacom wrote:

not with you really - is this a super hub - if its in router mode then all 4 ports are live

cheers that was me being a dope,it read it wrong

Please use plain text.