Ask a question
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

Xbox 360 Connection/Lag Problems

Over the last few days i have been unable to play any matches on xbox live. I am able to connect to it but the connection speed is very slow and unplayable. I am using 20mb/s broadband speed and have the xbox connected to a Netgear VMDG280. any help on how to fix this would be highly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Xbox 360 Connection/Lag Problems

with your xbox is that wired or wireless to the hub, if its wireless have you tired altering any settings on the hub especially the wireless channel? 

If using Netgear VMDG280
Visit http://192.168.0.1 enter password when prompted (This can be found on a sticker on your VMDG280) Click on the Connection and paste the information there. this will show any issues with the signal.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

i turned it on today and for the first time in 4 days i am able to play on xbox live. hopefully it stays this way. chrs for your help anyway

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

[ Edited ]

today it has once again rnadomly disconnected and is now doing it again. this is really starting to **** me off and i cant see why virgin media cant just sort the  problem out. instead of making us do all this rubbish with our hubs they should be fixed and working when we buy them.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

TimePriorityDescription
 Fri Oct 29 19:32:17 2010   Warning (5)  Admin login authentication fails 
 Fri Oct 29 19:14:42 2010   Warning (5)  Admin login authentication fails 
 Fri Oct 29 19:14:33 2010   Warning (5)  Admin login authentication fails 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  DHCP FAILED - Requested Info not supported. 
 Fri Oct 22 15:00:22 2010   Critical (3)  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync 
 Tue Oct 19 16:38:52 2010   Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Time Not Established  Critical (3)  No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out 
 Wed Oct 06 06:02:33 2010   Critical (3)  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync 
 Tue Oct 05 18:35:48 2010   Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Tue Sep 21 10:28:52 2010   Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Sat Sep 18 13:00:01 2010   Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Fri Aug 27 19:56:09 2010   Critical (3)  Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - ... 
 Sun Oct 03 16:21:00 2010   Critical (3)  SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/Q... 
 Fri Aug 27 12:08:58 2010   Critical (3)  Resetting the cable modem due to docsDevResetNow 
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

what i have just posted is the event log. as you can see there are alot of things failing

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

can someone please reply. i really am getting sick of waiting on help for this problem.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi RobbieX27

I have taken a look at your local network and can see some very brief spikes in the traffic going through the Cable you're connected to which would cause short bursts of lag once or twice a day.  To see if this times correlates with your issues could you post the date and times the fault occurs and how long the issue lasts for?  Could you also post a trace to the BBC website during a time when the fault is apparent.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
RobbieX27

it hasnt done it for the last week but it has now done it again today. it will probably last around 2-3 days.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi RobbieX27

If it happens again can you provide dates and times please.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.