Searching for something?
max
Emerging Talent
max

Re: World of warcraft - Huge problems today!

[ Edited ]

Listen closely mate. I don't care.

I pay for a service, not for micro analysing who is subcontraced or a 3rd party partner. 

If VM is incapable to anticipate problems they are aware of (yes, this isn't the first time) then clearly they are confirming not being capable, bottom line. 

You might find it strange but personally I must solve problems at work.

If I don't, I get the sack.

If I do a week later, I get the sack.

If I fail to communicate with my clients when a problem arises I get the sack.

If my suppliers or partners aren't up to it I get new ones. 

And ...

If a project proves out of my company's expertise, I don't get involved in the first place. Why?

Because it's unethical to get paid for something you cannot deliver - and it creates more aggro than not.

Telia is VM problem - not mine.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Pandamonium

i dont know about anyone else but ive had this problem for nearly  a week now, just thought id throw that in there.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Tszam

Please explain hows its VM fault that the route to the blizzard server has to go through telia lol?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Ishy

Problem that really bugs me, is companies having a 3rd party workforce and its all sent to a country who cant even communciate with their customers ?  Shows how sad companies are doing this.  Ive had no real problem with my broadband (SA1-Swansea).

Im tired of phoning "indians" (very rare i get an english callcentre) and they just fob you off (ok english support used too do that too).

VIRGIN, BRING BACK LOCAL CALL CENTRES! least we can communciate with you (and still ignore us).

Dave.

PS: At 11:24pm (24/05) it is still lagged on WoW (Nagrand server).  All other VM player's in my guild are having the same problem).

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
klaptout

One call to Telia (not a British company), I was able to talk to someone that spoke clear English, told me they were aware of the issue and that they were actively trying to resolve it... In comparison, the VM counterpart told me to turn my modem off then back on, then proceeded to tell me my Lan cable was at fault... despite having access to everything other than Telia. That's right, my Lan cable hates Telia :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Manestream

Have to say that also i am having connection issue's with WoW. Have been having them for the past 2-3 weeks. Starting between 5pm and usually ending around 3am (though a couple of times the game was still 3000ms+ at 4am when i gave up).

The next day its been fine till between 5pm and 6:30pm when it starts all over again, yet some days no problems at all. That was untill sunday 24th, when i logged in at just after 11am and found i was completly latencied out (4500ms+) and it has not changed a dickie bird right through till now (25th and 6:40am).

Now alot of people have the same issue and i have defended VM because i did not think it was a VM fault, however, i am now starting to wonder because some people are having connection problems with other online games that they play as well from what i am reading. God i hope not, as then i would have to appologize to blizard when it was indeed a VM problem.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Lisaanddavidn

Same problems everyone else is describing - Wow is unplayable for me, and I am on trial in a guild.  No other VM customers in the raid, so yeah "sorry its lag" really doesn't cut it when I can't perform.

All other VM customers I know in the game are having the same problem.

Please update us on what is being done about this?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Seanc1000

[ Edited ]

I can't believe this is happening again. I registered to this forum in November of last year when I had this same problem and 6 months later here we go again.

Last time this happened Mark Wilkin the forum manager made this post.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/World-of-Warcraft-Latency-Issues/td-...

I seem to remember this started occuring before the Cataclysm expansion when there was a lot of patching going on. Is it a conicidence that we're getting these problems when we're expecting an imminent patch with 4.1 about to hit? I've not seen anything on the WoW background downloader but I wondering has something changed behind the scenes.

Another possibility is with the amount of weekend bank holiday traffic, peer to peer traffic has taken a hit in Virgin's traffic management system.

Please oh please don't let this go on for weeks like last time.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Sorilea

......do you know what aggrieves me most??

That after god knows how many phone calls and threads on here, not 1 formal reply.

I can only think of one thing that sucks worse than Virgin Media Technical support, and thats not repeatable on this forum :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Seanc1000

Indeed, a formal response is the least they could do.

Please use plain text.