Ask a question
Making Waves
Jon_S

World of Warcraft latency and lag spikes

This happened last year and unfortuntely is starting all over again.

I am getting totally unacceptable latency in the game every evening; last time this happened it was because the VM network was incorrectly identifying WOW packetes as peer to peer traffic. Latency is going up to 1000ms, and even when the latency appears not to bad on the face of it there are lag "spikes" regularly of several seconds followed by frequent disconnects.

I notice that moderators have replied to posts like these in the last few days acknowledging there is currently a problem on your network that can be resolved.

Please can you look into this - it has made my game play almost impossible and i am paying a lot of money for a 20MB connection specifically to avoid this type of issue :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
RobLeather

Re: World of Warcraft latency and lag spikes

I am in the same boat as above, paying a lot of money for both an internet connection that USED to be fast and reliable, and a monthly subscription to Warcraft and it is practically unplayable unless I can get a morning off work. The last week or so the latency caused by the traffic shaping issue has got dramatically worse - it was playable one player if you could ignore small delays and lag spikes, but is now virtually unplayable.

Some kind of official word on whether this is still being looked at, or a check to make sure there's not something at fault with our accounts would be nice

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Ozir

I am also experiencing high latency and lag spikes in WoW, the problem started over a week or so ago. It has made raiding close to unbearable, and is incredibly frustrating.

On the other hand however, I have experienced a huge slowing of my entire connection over this period of time across all uses. To be fair, when my WoW play is unaffected, I never check my connection quality over speedtest, so for all I know, it could be running this slow in the evenings regardless.

Whether this problem is a direct result of my poor connection quality, or rather, the infamous WoW vs. VM problem returning, I don't know.

I have posted my connection results and such in the following thread, any help on either is much appreciated.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Poor-quality-connection-over-the-pas...

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi Ozir,

I can see from your recent post in your other thread that this issue is now resolved.

If you have any further queries please let us know.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
RobLeather

So.... someone who's problem seems to have sorted itselft gets a reply, but those of us that are stuck with an unplayable game get no help, suggestions or info on what's going on with the traffic shaping?

(I'm over 3 weeks waiting on my email to the complaints email address too)

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Could you take a look at this

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Fibre-optic-broadband-cable/Speed-Problems-Read-this-checklist-f...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Speed-Problems-Read-this-checklist-first/td...

and post the information requested so we can investigate this further for you.Hi Jon_S,

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.