Ask a question
Brainbox
MrFendog

Virgin Media in L15 (Liverpool) is a disgrace

If you are thinking of getting VM and live in L15 or the surrounding area you will be ripped off. It has been heavily oversold and during university term time the connection will often be poor or completely unusable. This is on all of their packages 10, 20 and 50mb. The required work to fix the problem will probably take place in 2013 one engineer at Virgin told me. Ive been with VM for three yrs and have believed many lies from their employees who always tell you that it is a problem in the area and it is currently being fixed, this is lies FACT. Three yrs experience with them proves this. When the students go home in the summer their service is acceptable but this is for only around 4-5 months of the yr. My advice is stay well away from this company and tell anybody else considering Virgin that they are a waste of money. Ive been on the 10 and 50 mb package and both are terrible. The speed isnt so bad and on 50 I would often get around 17-32 mb but the quality of the line was pathetic. high packet loss, high jitter and high ping make it unusable even when the speed is there and then there is the constant loss of connection. I only use it for online gaming and I am unable to use it for this and sometimes Ill go on youtube and even the streaming is slow and is continually freezing (on a 50mb line!!!). VM are the worst for connection, worst for customer service and worst for telling lies. Please dont make the same mistake that I did and go with another ISP and tell others to do so.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ps3gamer

Re: Virgin Media in L15 (Liverpool) is a disgrace

100% agreed.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
cheech1976

totally agree also!!!! aload of poo!!!!

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ps3gamer

Well, it was supposed to be fixed in L15 yesterday, and today its still useless with massive pings jitter and packet loss. 

Please use plain text.