Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
aaron-aylesbury

Virgin Media Hub

When I first set up my Internet connection I had to give a password for my wireless Internet? How do I go about changing this password for a new one??

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Virgin Media Hub

[ Edited ]

well if you have a netgear router 

First open a browser window and enter the router's local IP address into the URL bar. The IP address to access the administration interface will be documented in the Netgear Router User Guide and on the installation CD. Most Netgear routers use one of the following addresses: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, http://www.routerlogin.net. Click "Go" or press "Enter".

it will prompt you for a username and password:

this will be either username: virgin 

password: password

or username:admin 

password: password

under basic settings choose wireless settings, if your changing the password i would advise changing the SSID/name because windows can get a bit annoyed just altering the password. where it has passphrase just give a new password something complex more than 8 characters

press apply job done. 

if you have a dlink almost the same, ip address is 192.168.0.1 

username is admin but there is no password press login, choose wireless setup, manual, change the network name, but on a dlink it will show you, the wireless password as before needs to be 8 or more.  press save settings job done.. 

if you need any other help just drop a reply 

Paultechy

(virgin media tech/geek)

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kingstreet

Re: Virgin Media Hub (urgent)

I am trying to change the password for access to wireless & follow the steps but I can't get to the wireless router's administration interface (http://192.168.0.1).

My network service is perfectly fine & I can get to any other websites, just can't get to that IP address. How can I change the password of access to the wireless?

I am using the netgear router.

this enquiry is urgent. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

@kingstreet what netgear model do you have? also what browser are you using eg internet explorer/firefox etc

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

not sure how this is urgent but the instructions are on the back of the hub.

type in 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1

username: admin

password: changeme

No longer registered
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kingstreet

I checked the hub before & again. it is 192.168.0.1

However I can't get to this IP address on my internet explorer while other websites are perfectly fine.

Does it mean that if I can't get to the IP, the 'admin' & 'changeme' is useless?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Try rebooting the hub.

If that fails you could try doing a pinhole reset on the hub, making sure you press the pin in for a good 20 secs as it can be a bit tempremental.

Please use plain text.