Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Charles123

Virgin Media - 20MB, Can't even skype?

[ Edited ]

I have been a customer with Virgin Media for a couple of years and have never been satisfied with your services, Last year I had major problems with my speed where I couldn't even make a audio call with skype ( 60kb/s), I had two or three engineers out and all of them didn't know what was wrong, after awhile my Internet "magically" started getting better after numerous complaints.

Now for the last 2 weeks I haven't been able to make a decent audio call on skype, it will go down to one bar and drop after 2 minutes of use. I have done a speed test and it says I'm getting 9.73 MB/S http://www.speedtest.net/result/1142173603.png what is complete **bleep** if you ask me, I've never downloaded anything faster then a few hundred KB/s.

Now my net is doing a repeat of what happened a year ago, at any time of the day skype will not work, even on an audio call (60kb/s) and with your service you offer I expect to be able to make High quality calls (512 kb/s) without any problems.

Please let me know what else I need to add, I am expecting to get my full Internet speed here. Why offer a 20mb service if your not going to live up to your word? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Charles123

Re: Virgin Media - 20MB, Can't even skype?

Ok your service's are so **bleep**, Please help me get my net back to what it should be, I'm fed up of not getting what I'm paying for.
Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Paul_B

Re: Virgin Media - 20MB, Can't even skype?

Hi Charles123,

Would you have a look at this sticky and respond.

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.