Settled in nicely I
MQureshi2596

Virgin Media 10Mbs Hub - Getting 'Fair' signal strength

I have had virgin media broadband for a few months now and the hub has been in the same room as my pc, not even 1 metre away from my pc. I used to get excellent signal strength and i now checked it says 'fair'. I have my hub hooked up to my pc with an ethernet cable, could that be affected it?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Rose_R

Re: Virgin Media 10Mbs Hub - Getting 'Fair' signal strength

Hi MQureshi2596,

I'm a little confused are you trying to connect wirelessly or wired with the same PC?

You could try using inSSIDer (not a VM provided or supported product) to find the best wireless channel to set your hub to.
Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
MQureshi2596

I am connected wired, but I was wondering why the signal strength is fair, even though the router is only a few centimetres away from my PC.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
John_O

Hi MQureshi2596,

Can you advise whether you have tried downloading inSSIDer as Rose suggested? It will tell you which is the least used wireless channel in your area and will thus reduce the chances of wireless interference. 

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.