Ask a question
One to Watch
longshanks_

VMDG280 SuperHub Bridge Mode

I have the VMDG280 Superhub and I bought an Apple Time Capsule the other day. At the moment I'm using my Time Capsule as a Bridge but it's probably a better router than the VMDG280 and so I'd like to use it as a router. When will the firmware update be available to use my Netgear Router as a bridge, or should I be ringing Virgin Media to get them to send me a Cable modem (like I used to have) ? Thanks :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: VMDG280 SuperHub Bridge Mode

Which do you have, as the VMDG280 isn't the SuperHub.

The SuperHub model number is VMDG480

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
longshanks_

I have the VMDG280. Sorry, I thought this was the superhub. If I want to use my own router what are my options?
Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

[ Edited ]

Hi longshanks_,

Although this is unsupported by us here you may be interested in this thread (the principle is the same for both the superhub and hub).

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
cuberoute

Re: VMDG280 Bridge Mode

Having scoured the forums without success, can someone please tell me whether it is indeed possible now to use a customer-supplied (in my case, Sitecom) wireless router, connected to the Virgin-supplied 280?  If the answer's "no", then is there any guarantee that a bridge-mode firmware upgrade for the 280 will be forthcoming (and if so, when please)?  If the answer's "yes", then please can you post step-by-step [re-]configuration instructions for 280 and customer-supplied routers.

Thanks in anticipation.

Please use plain text.