Ask a question
Captain Clued-Up
ttyrie

Use own Router with SuperHub?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect my own Wireless Router to the SuperHub and if so please could let me know how to do it?

I am having issues with the wireless in the SuperHub (doesnt even reach 5 meters away which isnt much use).

I do not work for Virgin Media or any other TV, Broadband or Telephone company.

Virgin Media XL 20mb Broadband Latency

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Re: Use own Router with SuperHub?

Hi ttyrie,

Do you still get the same range issues if you change the channel or move the HUB to another location?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
ttyrie

Yes tried changing location and channels and neither of them work. Engineer is coming tommorow to fix the tv and so is some new equipment for broadband.

Thanks anyway :smileyhappy:

I do not work for Virgin Media or any other TV, Broadband or Telephone company.

Virgin Media XL 20mb Broadband Latency

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

ttyrie wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect my own Wireless Router to the SuperHub and if so please could let me know how to do it?

I am having issues with the wireless in the SuperHub (doesnt even reach 5 meters away which isnt much use).

Adapted from a post by Dj_Shadow:

• Plug your cable router’s WAN port into any of the LAN ports on the Hub.

• Plug your PC into any Hub LAN port and access the management page. 192.168.0.1

• On the LAN IP page examine the DHCP lease info; you should see your PC and the second router. Note the MAC address of the router and add it to the DHCP reservation section and give the second router an IP address of say 192.168.0.10. (Use ipconfig/all in a cmd window to find the MAC address of your PC if your not sure which is which.)

• Now go to the DMZ host page on the Hub and enter the same IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.10). This means that the Hub will pass all traffic to the second router without any checks or filters.

• Turn off the second router and back on again, plug your PC into the second router, login and

set the router’s login page to "Does your Internet connection require a login" to NO and then you should see the WAN or internet as 192.168.0.10.

• You’re ready

• Don't forget to disable wireless on the Hub and use the wireless on the second router. It is also best to turn the firewall off on the Hub.

Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
andylane1965

Its says from the above post:

• On the LAN IP page examine the DHCP lease info; you should see your PC and the second router. Note the MAC address of the router and add it to the DHCP reservation section and give the second router an IP address of say 192.168.0.10. (Use ipconfig/all in a cmd window to find the MAC address of your PC if your not sure which is which.)

But as you can see from below i have a blank MAC and IP Address  ipconfig/all is not recognised in cmd

DHCP Reservation Lease Info
#Mac AddressIP Address

Mac Address
:::::
IP Address

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

It should be IPCONFIG  /ALL

A space inserted

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi ttyrie,

Has this issue now been resolved?

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Padawan
uk_bloke

Sephiroth wrote:

A space inserted

Do what?

How have you made over 5000 posts here, yet you don't know ipconfig/all with out a space gives you the same as ipconfig /all?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

that depends on the OS. some require spaces before the args
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

uk_bloke wrote:

Sephiroth wrote:

A space inserted

Do what?

How have you made over 5000 posts here, yet you don't know ipconfig/all with out a space gives you the same as ipconfig /all?

No idea how I've got through life (let alone 5000 posts) without knowing that.

Please use plain text.