One to Watch
gt119900

SuperHub Port Forwarding

Ok basicly i have set my porrforwarding as

192.168.0.103 800 to 800 TCP

192.168.0.103 9000 to 9000 TCP

192.168.0.103 7050 to 7050 TCP

192.168.0.103 5050 to 5050 TCP

now when i access my cctv dvr system locally while connected to enthernet or wifi i can gian access but once i try connecting from the outside by using my ip address i seem to not be able to gain access

before i got the superhub which was yesterday i was able to connect whiel i had the netgear but now i cannot

why is this is there an solution becuase i think the super hub is preventing me from gaining access thanks

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

Re: SuperHub Port Forwarding

[ Edited ]

Same type of problem found here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-50Mb-broadband/Super-hub-camera-connection-problem/m-p/119...

------------------Die-hard direct connection modem user :smileytongue:
Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
The more that use modem mode the more we need IPv6: BQM, Outgoing ports test
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
gt119900

yes but as you can see in that disscusion a solution was not met and i need a solution to this problem!

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

gt119900 wrote:

yes but as you can see in that disscusion a solution was not met and i need a solution to this problem!

Their was a solution use modem mode get your own router.

Believing is catch 22 the VMDG280 should never of been made the Super hubs 1 & 2 could have been built better the years go by and we can't see the mistakes that were made to make things right.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
gt119900

Yup understand that but whts the point of having a modem/router which should do the same operation as my old router rather than having two routers and using one as a modem

Thats really pointless if portforwarding do not work on the superhub then why put that feature into the device :s
Please use plain text.
Gandalf
legacy1

gt119900 wrote:

Thats really pointless if portforwarding do not work on the superhub then why put that feature into the device :s

The out cry that would of happened when we didn’t have modem mode would be beyond words....and rude ones at that.

You could enable remote management and send me a PM as to where you are but don't blame me if I kick you off the net or can't get your setup to work.  

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
gt119900

tell me about it if there was no modem mode i would of seriously have a word with virgin i still am goign to have a word with em about this port forwarding problem need to give em a call thank you for the help

superhub my ass lol

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi gt119900,

I apologise for the issues you have been having with the Superhub.

The advice to connect with an existing router whilst the hub is in modem mode is a temporary work-around.

A more permanent solution will be found with the release of the pending firmware upgrade, full information for this can be found here.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
gt119900

thats great news how ever i did the modem mode and used my pervious netgear router however it still does not work not sure why?

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Eeeps

[ Edited ]

gt119900 wrote:

thats great news how ever i did the modem mode and used my pervious netgear router however it still does not work not sure why?

Check the default gateway is correctly set in the device at 192.168.0.3. This should be the IP of the superhub (i.e. 192.168.0.1). Also check the subnet mask is correct.

If there is no gateway specified or it is set wrong then devices on your local subnet can access the device but there will be no route to the internet.

Please use plain text.