Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
damonevans

Re: Slow service, VERY poor (almost non existent) upload speed in Leyton E10?!?

I am in Stoke Newington, N16, and my service is diabolical. I can't even run iplayer radio without it constantly buffering. To add insult to injury, my phoneline is now dead too. 

In the two months I have been with Virgin, I can honestly say, it's the worst service I have used. After two weeks of having their XXL service, I contacted them saying that the performance was terrible and was fobbed off by some guy saying "They're doing some work in your area for the next two weeks". When I asked about getting money back he said "Contact customer services". I think that is terrible.

Firstly, if they are doing work in the area or if there are faults, you should be informed so you don't spend hours pulling your hair out, unplugging and plugging things back in, messing around with speed-checkers etc.

Secondly, to expect people to contact customer services to obtain a refund - knowing full well most people don't have time to be messing around calling up and they'll probably just not bother - is disgraceful.

If my service doesn't improve within the next few weeks, I'll be contacting OFCOM.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
damonevans

And it's also a complete joke that they have created this website:

http://www.stopthebroadbandcon.org/

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi damonevans,

I have taken a look at your connection and can see that the cause of your issue is due to your modem downstream power level being too high which will need altering by a local engineer. Can you let me know when in the next 7 days you will be available for someone to call out? Our timeslots Monday to Fridays are 8am-12noon, 12noon-4pm and 4pm-7pm. Saturdays 8am-12noon and 12noon-4pm

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
adnaanpatel

Although i was told that this issue will be sorted by 19th Nov, it hasnt.

I called to cancel and was told that there was no plan to get this sorted by 19th which means that i was lied too :smileysad:

I am now told that the issue is due to be sorted by 7th Dec.  My account has been credited once again for lack of service. I will now wait till the 7th to see if its sorted and this time im definately going to BT, unless anyone can tell me of any other providers that will be faster than what im receiving at the moment.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi adnaanpatel,

Our teams have already carried out work to try and resolve this issue on November 9th, however, load on the UBR was still very high. This issue is currently with our planning team who are looking to do a further upgrade to reduce congestion.

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
adnaanpatel

Thank you rose. I look forward in getting great service like i did back at my old address. I would actually hate to leave VM after receiving great service for over 6years.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
orlahurst

Hi,

Is anyone who followed this thread still having problems?

I've had issues with virgin broadband in Leyton for years. Only rarely have I been able to use sites like 4OD or BBC iplayer.

I have phoned to complain about poor broadband speeds (tonight's check showed speeds of considerably less than 1mb) but was told that there was no problem. Clearly there is- as this forum proves.

I'd quite like to hear back from the helpdesk on this issue to explain why the problems are persisting and why customers are being told that there are no issues when they call up.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi orlahurst,

I've had a look at your connection and presently I'm not able to see any issues.

Could you please see this thread and post back with the relevant information so that we can investigate further?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
orlahurst

Hi Peter,

I had a look this morning and the figures are:

Downstream SNR 36.4
Downstream power level -1.9
Upstream 47.7

I'm paying for an XL package and I still can't watch things online (you tube) because it is painfully slow.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Greean

I'm getting the same in the B64 postcode area. When i run the speedtest.net test i get the following result

Ping: 12ms

Download: 19.54 Mbps

Upload: Upload test error

Please use plain text.