Searching for something?
Making Waves
jkaccounts

Slow Streaming (buffering) on PS3 (BBC iPlayer, Netflix) connected to Virgin Media Super Hub

Hi

I have a 30 MBPS connection and when I do a speed test on my PS3 it shows download speeds of 22 -26 MPBS. However when I start BBC iPlayer and run it in HD mode, it is very slow with loads of buffering. The same happens with Netflix and ITV player as well.

Why is this happening? Is Virgin throttling the bandwidth? BTW its a direct Lan Cable connection rather than wireless from the superhub.

Would appreciate responses from all including Virgin please.

Best regards,

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Anudeep_B

Re: Slow Streaming (buffering) on PS3 (BBC iPlayer, Netflix) connected to Virgin Media Super Hub

Hi jkaccounts,

I have just checked your connection and network segment. Everything appears to be OK at present and there do not appear to have been any network problems recently. If you are still experiencing difficulties then please re-post with the information described here taken at the time, together with traceroutes to bbc.co.uk (no WWW) and any other sites which are causing you problems.

Kind Regards,

Anudeep B

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jkaccounts

Re: Slow Streaming (buffering) on PS3 (BBC iPlayer, Netflix) connected to Virgin Media Super Hub

I had the same problem again.

Date 15th April

Time : 22.40 omwards

Multiple times the streaming was interrupted.

Request your urgent attention to resolve this.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jkaccounts

BTW, I was watching BBC iPlayer via my Playstation 3 when this was happening.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Anudeep_B

Hi jkaccounts,

Apologies for the delay in replying.

I have checked the network segment for the dates you have provided and have been unable to find any issues that would indicate a network fault.

In your post you mentioned that this issue occurs when trying to stream HD. Could you confirm whether the issue occurs when streaming videos which are not in HD?

Also, whilst I can see that you are using an Ethernet connection this would not necessarily eliminate a router issue. Could you please try turning the Super Hub into Modem Mode and then testing this issue again? Information on how to change the Super Hub into this mode can be found here.

Kind Regards,

Anudeep B

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamesagodfrey

Hi All,

I had my virgin package inc 60mb broadband installed today and I have the same issue, ridiculously slow download speeds for ps3 game trailers and game demos. Can you somehow check my connection. What details do you need to do this?

Thanks,

James

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
jkaccounts

Hi James

I will start monitoring today again and let you know.

If its installed only today, it might take a few days for it to reach max speed (thats what I was told).

HD has always been an issue in the past. So I will check as Anudeep has mentioned and report in a few days.

In the meantime, best of luck!

Regards

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Hi jamesagodfrey, 

If you haven't already done so, please post a new thread detailing your difficulties and we'll look into them for you. Piggy-backing onto an existing thread makes it more difficult for us to assist you initially, and to keep track of any developments. Individual threads reduce the chances of a post 'slipping through the net'.

You may find you get a better response to an issue by posting your own thread rather than tagging onto an existing thread. Joining an existing thread not only causes confusion about who the replies are aimed at, but also pushes out the response times to the original poster.

Dai_T

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.