Ask a question
Emerging Talent
AaronCooper

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un..

[ Edited ]

My internet has cut out like 4 or 5 times (for 5++ hr periods) over the past days. When I get this message everything cuts out, then it says connection status is always "In Progress".

I did see some guy working on the green box near me, so i was wondering if i can get any details on when this problem will be fixed? 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
AaronCooper

Re: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un..

Well, i've spent £10 credit on the phone to VM; there is no fault causing this apparently..

It cut out 5-6 times yesterday, was offline more than online. Today it's cut out 3-4 times within the past 2 hours, luckily it seems to be reconnecting faster.

I was just about to have a tech booked when my credit ran out..! Sad face..

Does anyone know a way i can manually reconnect if the "Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Un..." message happens again? As the connection is fine in terms of power levels, speeds, etc. Its just when i get this message, it ends my connections and stays on "In Progress" for however long it feels like it.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi AaronCooper,

Could you please let us know what the lights on the modem do (i.e which ones are lit, off or flashing) when this issue occurs?

When this issue occurs what are you power levels on the modem?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ianhill00

Hi, i too have had this and other problems for nearly 2 weeks now.

I have a Virgin Superhub, which when working the blue light on the front flashes.

Every few hours, the blue light goes off and the network is then down.

The Superhub never manages to recover itself, so it has to be powered off then on.

I have been told (in my case) that the Superhubs are made by Netgear, and there is a firmware modification/upgrade that needs to be done...however Virgin cannot get a timeframe from Netgear.

In the interim, i have been told to connect a 'normal' modem instead of the Superhub.

I dont know if you have a Superhub (and the same problem), but you might want to try your old router/modem combination ....i am going to configure mine today..

Cheers,

Ian

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ianhill00

Hi, in my case the blue light on the superhub goes out, the updown arrow (green light) flashes and the superhub stays in this status forever...the superhub never manages to recover and reconnect itself...i have to power off and on. Below are the errors received everytime this happens which is daily, sometimes more than once a day. I have added "XXX" instead of MAC addresses in case they are private. Please can you look into what is really causing this. Because the Superhub never recovers it means when i am away i can never access my data from home. Kind Regards, Ian ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC="XXX";CMTS- Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC="XXX";CMTS- SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC framing;CM-MAC="XXX";CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; No UCDs Received - Timeout;;CM-MAC="XXX";CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0; No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC="XXX";CM-QOS=1.0;CM-VER=3.0;
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
AaronCooper

Hi, i found out that there was work being done on the green box near me. All the ground was dug up, fenced off, etc.

After the work was finished, my line has been perfect.

What was happening was my power levels were fine, then they would shoot up (check your connection as soon as i d/c). Then after a while they would drop down and my modem would reconnect. This cycle would repeat itself.

Everythings fine now though, thanks.

Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi AaronCooper, 

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,

John O

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi ianhill00,

I am currently unable to view your superhub on our network, this may be down to a local signal issue or you may have it turned off. Can you please post the Superhub power levels/event logs and we will investigate this further (for information on howe please see here.).

Regards,

John O

Please use plain text.