Brainbox
scarletp

Problems signing into My VirginMedia.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum to post.  Obviously, if anyone can tell me where I ought to post, then I will be grateful.

I noticed before trying to login to My VM that VirginMedia are making it easier for us to have the same login details for both e-billing and My VM, so thought I would alter my profile as suggested. It sounded logical and easy!  Famous last words.  

My correct e-billing email address was showing but when I enter my usual PIN it is not recognised.  Tried a few times but then clicked the link for a pin reset. 

The new pin arrived immediately but that will not work either.  Any ideas anyone please?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
scarletp

Re: Problems signing into My VirginMedia.

Update:  Since posting I have somehow received two more reset pins so tried the most recent one and it worked!

Great! or so I thought.  OK, it let me sign in to the page which is headed: This part of our site is changing, Please update your profile.  My first and last name is already there, along with 3 suggested usernames, and 2 email contact addresses.  The username and email address I want to keep had their radio buttons already selected, so I simply hit 'Continue' to accept them as my choice.  So far so good?

I am then informed that 'Some information is missing or incorrectly entered' and also 'Sorry this username is not available, please enter another username and try again.  What is going on?  The username and the email address are both the same and are my main, chosen ones, so how can they not be available to me?

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Hello scarletp,

Due to Data Protection regulations I am unable to deal with this issue via the forums. Please contact Technical Support on 151 from a Virgin Media landline or 0845 4541111 from any other and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Regards,

Ray Miranda

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Stem

I have just been to sign in, first time for quite a while. What a complete farce. Kept telling me the password was incorrect, so reset, then when entering a new password, it kept telling me info was missing. Eventually it allowed me to enter a password. Then I needed to log in again, which took me to a login for e-mail and a need to enter my pin, which it then told me was incorrect, which then meant a reset.

Virgin really appear to have no idea as to being "User friendly"

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
scarletp

I will not be ringing as I have a hearing difficulty so shall just have to hope that I can manage without access to My Virgin Media.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi scarletp,

You can contact us via typetalk to get the matter resolved.

Regards,
John Haggerty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
scarletp

Thank you John_Hag,

I have never heard of typetalk being offered with VirginMedia. 

Last night I spent a long time fiddling again to try and sort the matter myself. 

I was under the impression that the whole point of the change was so that it made things easier for us customers - in that we could now have ONE username and email address for login to ebilling/My Virginmedia. 

In theory that would be perfect but as usually happens with Virgin, things do not work out to be easy or straighforward. 

I imagined that at last I could use my main email address (which is also my e-billing username) as my log in name for My Virgin Media (as opposed to the strange email address comprising of letters and numbers - which appeared to come from nowhere but is apparently my Primary mailbox). 

My issue was that the username/email address I use for ebillling and also hoped to use for My Virgin Media appeared to be available for me as the adjacent radio buttons were hilighted.  Why in that case when I tried to accept the proposals was I told they were not available etc?

In the end I have had to alter my usual ebilling username and change that to the dreaded letters and numbers one which I can never remember.

So you could say my problem is rectified but not in the way I had hoped.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi scarletp,

I am glad to here you are able to access My Virgin Media and am sorry the new system is not working as you hoped it would. Unfortunately our system will only allow either the primary mailbox or a 3rd Party (gmail, hotmail etc.) email address as the My Virgin Media Primary username.

This is done to prevent any possible loss of access to the other mailboxes on the account.
Kind Regards,

Neil D

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
scarletp

Very strange! 

If that is the case Neil, then why was the email address I wanted to use (ntlworld one) presented for me in the suggested options list (along with my other ntlworld ones).  I am sure it appeared already selected for me - or why else would the radio button be filled in?  IF you intend us to only use our Primary or a third party address WHY would our ntlworld email addresses appear as options when they are not allowed? 

Does anyone else find this a peculiar set up?

Tempted to go back in and have another look at the given options as am beginning to think I must have been seeing things as it does not make a lot of sense to me. 

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi scarletp,

We have already sent this over to the relevant teams for investigation.
Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.