Ask a question
Making Waves
mrtotes

Port Forwarding on SuperHub

Hi,

I can't seem to get Port Forwarding to work on my SuperHub.  Due to a change in working circumstances I'd like to be able to remotely access my Security Camera (Port 8098) and NAS (Port 5000). 

Here is the config on the SH: 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17597102/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-19%20at%2017.07.30.png

I have been able to remotely access the SuperHub to log in (set to port 8088):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17597102/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-19%20at%2017.09.05.png

but I have not been able to access either the security camera or NAS:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17597102/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-19%20at%2017.08.52.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17597102/Screen%20Shot%202014-01-19%20at%2017.09.28.png

Both devices are accessible from everywhere and every device I've tried within the network. 

What setting am I missing?

Thanks

Adam

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
abeforever

Re: Port Forwarding on SuperHub

Hello mrtotes,

When setting up Port Forwarding did you keep the start and end ports the same?

Try disabling and re-enabling UPNP as is it has been known to misbehave and if this does not work, setup a Static IP Address for the security camera and NAS.

Regards,

abeforever

- - - - -

If I have been of help, please, mark as 'Helpful Answer' and give a 'Kudos'

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Hi Mrtotes,

Here's a simple guide for port forwarding should you need it. I would recommend setting a static IP on your devices and also setting a DHCP reservation. Here's a video guide to how to set this. 

Let us know if this helps

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
abeforever

Aww, thanks John_G, normally I would say what is needed to be done too. :smileylol:

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mrtotes

Hi, 

Before reading your replies I realized one thing I hadn't tried was removing the Firewall.  It seems the configuration of port forwarding I had does indeed work when the SuperHub's Firewall on Low but not when on Medium/High.  

I thought the difference on Firewall High/Medium/Low was the number of commonly-used ports opened up and as Port Forwarding is above and beyond this I can't see why these two should have any effect?  

FWIW I had already followed the guide, had DHCP Reservation and static Private IP addresses set.  

Should I be concerned about going forward with the Firewall on Low? It opens up a whole bunch of ports I'm not using which feels wrong to me. 

Thanks very much for your time.

Adam

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
abeforever

mrtotes wrote:

Hi, 

Before reading your replies I realized one thing I hadn't tried was removing the Firewall.  It seems the configuration of port forwarding I had does indeed work when the SuperHub's Firewall on Low but not when on Medium/High.  

I thought the difference on Firewall High/Medium/Low was the number of commonly-used ports opened up and as Port Forwarding is above and beyond this I can't see why these two should have any effect?  

FWIW I had already followed the guide, had DHCP Reservation and static Private IP addresses set.  

Should I be concerned about going forward with the Firewall on Low? It opens up a whole bunch of ports I'm not using which feels wrong to me. 

Thanks very much for your time.

Adam

Hello mrtotes

Firewall Settings for the Super Hub  (may not be wholly accurate)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

abeforever

- - - - -

If I have been of help, please, mark as 'Helpful Answer' and give a 'Kudos'

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
aydun

John_G - that's helpful but how can we specify a destination port different to the inbound port?

Please use plain text.