Ask a question
Clever-clogs
whiteswan

Re: Poor 10mb broadband speed

my gf has exactly the same problem  I am typing this from her pc - she had 10 meg installed last week in OL9 and is only getting around 2.5 meg.

Any ideas?

Dave

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
jagman

whiteswan wrote:

my gf has exactly the same problem  I am typing this from her pc - she had 10 meg installed last week in OL9 and is only getting around 2.5 meg.

Any ideas?

Dave

You might want start new topic, read these two first:

Speed Problems? Read this checklist first

How to view your modem configuration pages

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
jagman

right, well it's now almost the 3rd week of SEPTEMBER and this issue still hasn't been fixed. Infact it's worse. I'm sorry but this is a complete joke. I'm sitting here now barely able to use the internet, video is impossible and pages are taking an age to load, running traceroutes gives me pings all in the hundreds. This is supposed to be 10mb i'm paying for, what the f is going on?! i cant even get 1mb! :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi Jagman,

The outage that was under investigation on the reference Paul mentioned above was resolved in late August.  I've tried to have a look into the issue for you, but it appears that your modem is currently showing as offline, could you please ensure that your modem is turned on for the next 48-72 hours so that we can investigate further?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
jagman

Hello Pete_R,

yes sorry about that my modem is usually always on but I had work done today and had to unplug everything. All connected again now though and seems nothing has changed.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi jagamn

There is work planned to take place tonight to resolve the load issues on your Cable, this is logged under ref F001349588.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mark-1

well after having the constant intermittant fault and being unable to even get stable server lists for games ive just checked the dload speed having seen these threads

ive had

not really what you expect from a company charging £37 a month for 20m bb that you hardly ever get,

more so when they are happy to cut you off completely for having £17 left over on a bill but still under your credit limit by nearly £40

perhaps we should start paying in line with the service we are getting,

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi mark-1,

Is this happening only during peak periods? I have checked your local router (UBR) and can see that there are periods of high load which will cause your speed to slow. If this load continues to increase this will be passed to our network teams to look at ways to alleviate some of the load.

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
jagman

oh dear...well it seems virgin media are all talk. Tuesday came and passed and guess what, still not even 2mb speeds

All that seems to of improved is i'm now getting the correct upload speed.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi jagman

I'm really sorry, I am in the process of finding out why this did not go ahead.  I will post again once I have some information for you.  Apologies again.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.