Ask a question
Making Waves
mapl

No internet or tv for a week!

I've had no internet since Thursday (12th) and no tv since Sunday (15th).

When I reboot the modem the sync light constantly flashes and never manages to connect. When I reboot the tv box I get the code Ld:20 every time.

After three calls to customer services (which I have to pay for as virgin were unable to give me a phoneline) two engineers have been booked and I have subsequently received an automated message saying there is a problem in the area and the engineer has been cancelled. However whenever I check the service status on the website it says good service for internet and tv!?

I'm a freelance web developer so I need the internet to do my work. I've had to resort to using a dongle as my internet (which has cost me £30 so far). The longer this goes on the more it's going to cost me.

Anyone else in Brighton having problems?

Can someone from virgin please tell me what's going on? When it's likely to get fixed?

This really isn't acceptable!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rbw152

Re: No internet or tv for a week!

Hi map.

you have the same problem as me except I do have TV (although there's a little green light flashing on the box that didn't used to flash).

My modem is just flashing green lights continuously and will not connect, yet my neighbours have a connection (of sorts, its still bloody slow apparently).

Anyway, like you I booked an engineer which was cancelled for the same reasons as you.

I know this doesn't help but I have to say it is appalling service and I am now actively looking to change my supplier because Virgin are probably the worst broadband provider in the world.

I really can't wait to leave them.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi mapl

I am unable to identify your account from either your IP address or the information on your profile. Please could you confirm whether you are still having an issue and if so send me a private message quoting the url of this thread and giving me your Virgin Media mail address. I will then be in a position to investigate this issue for you.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi rbw152

I am unable to identify your account from either your IP address or the information on your profile. Please could you confirm whether you are still having an issue and if so send me a private message quoting the url of this thread and giving me your Virgin Media mail address. I will then be in a position to investigate this issue for you.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
mapl

Hi Steve,

The issue has been fixed now. I had to go into the shop and persuade them to get an engineer out. He said the other end of the cable coming into my flat had eroded. He replaced it and all works fine now.

Matt

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Benjamin_T

Hi mapl,

I am glad to hear that your issue is now fixed.

If you have any further questions let us know and we will be happy to help.

I work for Virgin Media but my opinions are my Own
Please use plain text.