Bright Spark
peterpoos

Re: Mediafire Upload Problems

Latest Update.Here are my latest two postings to Mediafire.

It is now 10.57am.Have just come back to my PC to see how the upload is progressing.A window has appeared stating UPLOAD COMPLETE.But in the body of the window it states Failure.When I place my cursor over the word Failure,it states Error While Uploading - IO Error.
Clicked on Return To My Files.Clicked on Back To Previous Folder.Did not want to sign out incase I lost this reply that I am sending to you.If there is anything to report when I sign back in.I will let you know.

Have just logged back in.Would you believe it,the file HAS been uploaded.This proves yet again,that there are NO conflicting software problems at my end.

Will keep you updated with this ever lasting saga.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
peterpoos

Latest update. My last two messages to Mediafire.

Have just tried to upload another file,the same size as before(rar file) and the same message/ outcome except this time after logging out and logging in,the file WAS NOT there.

This is just to keep you up to-date with my situation.The second file,the same size as the first file,loaded up with no problems i.e 100% progress,Waiting for file verification,Verifying,Copy to Link.I then started to upload a third file(38.95MB rar file) and the same situation/outcome as the first file occurred. I will try not to post any more messages until I hear from Mediafire.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
theoldpunk

I have been having the same problem for the last few days. Many automatic attempts are made to restart and finish the upload but I keep getting 'upload stalled' messages before finally getting an 'upload failed' message. It sometimes reaches 50% or more before restarting then failing. Have you had any further response from MF or Virgin? It only seems to be Virgin UK customers who are experiencing this.
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
peterpoos

I have sent you a pm relating to our problem

Peter

Please use plain text.
Dr. Yes
John_O

Hi peterpoos, 

I have checked your connection and can see that you are affected by two local upstream issues on your chassis (local router), one is related to high load (or utilisation) which will cause your speed to slow during busy periods, the reference number for this is F001522840 and the current estimate for a fix date is towards the end of May. The other relates to a low SNR (signal to noise ratio) problem, again causing your speed to slow and even intermittently drop, the reference number for this is F001552164. This issue is currently with our Network team who are working on a fix. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Regards,

John O

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
peterpoos

Thank you John_O for responding to my problem.

1.If this is a local problem i.e.my connection, as you state,why is theoldpunk having the same problem?

2.Would it be alright for me to send Mediafire a copy of your posting,so that my open ticket with them can be updated and maybe closed?

3.Would these issues be the reason why I am getting the message from MF to say that the Upload has stalled but have actually been loaded into my folders.

4.If I rang CS at any time and quoted the two reference numbers,would they be able to update me on the fix?

Regards

Peter

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi peterpoos,

The answer to your questions are below:

1. These issue are on your local UBR rather than local to you house.

2. It is alright for you to contact Mediafire with the post. However, the fault tickets only relate to the local UBR you are connected to.

3. I think this would be the reason the files appear to stall as the data may need to be resent by the network a few times before it works.

4. If you contact our Technical support centre and quote the 2 ticket numbers you have been provided then they will be able to give you an update.

Alternatively you can bump this thread in a couple of days and we can check them for you. (however, there may be some delay from you bumping to us reaching your post)

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
aman

I am also failing the same issue, uploads to mediafire are repeatedly failing no matter what time of day/night (so doesn't seem related to load). The speed generally goes to about 1900+ kb and then after a few mins falls back down, this happens a few times before a failure error is returned. I had better luck with splitting 100mb files to 30 mb but even then I had to try repeatedly to get all of them uploaded.

Please can you check if this is really a local issue to me too or a more general traffic management issue?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
peterpoos

I have just rang CS on 150.How frustrating was that call! The gentleman informed me that the two ticket numbers quoted above i.e.F001522840 and F001552164 had not been raised.I then read out the reasons why these ticket numbers were raised and after checking his system,he confirmed that there were problems in my area as detailed above and that he would raise ticket number F001522840 to include both the issues that were raised on the two ticket numbers. Is 150/151 the correct number to ring if I want to speak to the Network team. With all due respect,if the tickets did exist,surely CS(150/151) would be able to read them on their system.

Any comments from the VM team on this forum would be appreciated.

Peter

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
peterpoos

Over the last 24 hours,at different times of the day,I have been uploading files of all sizes to Mediafire with no problems at all.Sometimes I had 4 to 5 files in a queue waiting to be uploaded and not one failure/upload stalled in sight.Whatever has been done by VM seems to have solved the problem.My question is what chance is there that the problem will arise again or has the problem been resolved for ever?

Look forward to your comments.Is it up to me to write my final message on my thread and close the thread down?

Regards

Peterpoos

Please use plain text.