Fresh as a Daisy
MARKMAN

Lies, Damned Lies from Virgin Media from the CEO's exec office and very poor customer service

I have just had to endure nearly 2 weeks of the worst customer servce I have ever received from Virgin Media regarding my      phone/broadband and and TV accounts.  My complaint went all the way up to Neil Berkett (the CEO) who then passed me on to his Exec Team to deal with - who then respoonded with an out and out lie, and then tried to blame me for the lie. 

It started off when I rang to renegotiate my contract, after seeing on this forum and others what other customers were being offered - essentially far more than what I was getting for less money.  I was assured by the agent I was getting the best deal, but this soon became apparent and they couldn't explain that even with my "Loyalty Discount" why I was being charged more than a new customer - me being a customer for nearly 10 years.  It would literally save me £150.00 if I was to let them disconnect the equipment and sign up a brand new contract to start on the same day.

As such I asked for an NPS form to be sent out to me (request number 1) and raised a complaint whilst proffering my cancellation at the same time.  A lady from complaints rang back a few days later but couldn't offer any better deal or answer my questions regarding the loyalty discount.  I asked for a callback from her manager and an NPS form (request 2), who tried once but I couldn't answer - so I rang back and was assured that he would ring me back.  He didn't.  I rang a further time and was told that the manager would definitely ring me back - he didn't.  I rang a further time at 5.20 p.m and was told that the manager was down to ring me back between 12.00 and 6.00 p.m. and there was still 40 minutes left. Of course he didn't ring back.

I rang later that night and all the Manager were in a meeting.  So I asked for the complaint to be escalated.  20 minutes later a manager from a different part of Virgin came on the line, she admitted that she couldn't help me but would get the manager to ring me back at 10.30 the next morning.  I also asked again for an NPS form (request 3) and for the address of where I could apply to receive my notes from their system - this didn't happen.

That evening I wrote an email to Neil Berkett.

The next day I waited until approximately 2.00p.m. and still there wasn't a call from the day manager so I called Virgin Media again - this time the agent said that the managers were in another meeting and that he wouldn't go to get one from the meeting, refused to escalate the call and called me pedantic.  Then the complaints manager miraculously appeared but refused to speak to me because he was busy, but promised to ring me back in 20 minutes - again I asked for an NPS form (request 4).

About this time I sent yet another email to Neil Berkett who responded to my original email - apologising and stating that it "wasn't a good read" and that he would pass it on to his exec team to sort out.

Eventually the Complaints manager did ring me back and tried to claim that he had tried to contact me on a number of occasions - however, I carry my mobile with me at all times and there weren't any missed calls.  He offered me a better rate - something which all of the other people I had spoken to said would definitely not happen, however by this time I had done further research and noticed that the deal I was being offered was still very poor in comparison to what others were being offered.  I informed the complaints manager that Neil Berkett's exec team were now looking into the matter - he said that if that was the case there was nothing more he could do. 'Again I asked for an NPS form (request 5)

Later that evening a member of Neil Berkett's exec team telephoned me, saying that he had spoken to the complaints manager and was now fully aware of my situation.  He offered to look into the matter - first of all trying to tell me that the internet forums aren't to be relied upon because people lie - I acceded that this may be the case in a percentage of the posts on various forums, however, this couldn't be the case for all the posts - he agreed.  The Exec  Team complaints officer said that he would speak to the outbound retentions team and get me the best package they could offer.
When I mentioned that I would like to complain to the Ombudsman regarding unfair practices and poor customer services he mentioned that VM would investigate the claim, and that he would be the investigating officer.  Again I asked for an NPS form (request 6).

That was on the Friday and the following Monday evening I received a call from the Exec Team Officer stating his prices for his absolute best package (xl BB, XL TV and L phone) at £37.24 for 6 months and then £59.24 for the remaining 12 months of the contract. I again refused the offer as this was tremendously more money than people on line were being offered.  The Exec Team Officer claimed Virgin would not match online prices (which are surely their own) just competitors prices.

I asked him to confirm in email and also for an NPS form to be sent out (request 7).  He did confirm in email (and confirm that an NPS survey would be sent to me - eventually) and then I checked on line for Virgin's prices and saw that if I upgraded my phone package so I was getting XLBB, XL TV and XL phone I would end up paying cheaper than what was offered to my - the supposed best package they could offer - totally unbelievable.  When I queried this with the member of the Exec Team he inferred that it was my fault!! Not even an apology for lying to me and telling me that the package offered was the best that they could do, when clearly - it wasn't.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
flossybones

Re: Lies, Damned Lies from Virgin Media from the CEO's exec office and very poor customer service

Having looked through this forum, it seems that Virgin Media have really gone down the 'pan' recently, regularly lying to their customers.

We've had problems with our V+ box since July, when it began to reboot every evening.  I phoned faults and a technician (1) came out and told me the power in the outside box was low - off he went and adjusted it.  Result - a little better for a few days and then back came the rebooting.

Phone again in September (away during August), tech (2) came out and replaced the box with a 'new' one.   V+ box began to freeze, reboot and would not record programmes.

Phoned again two weeks later and booked tech (3).  He came out on a Saturday morning and condescendingly said that the box was on 'standby', implying that you could not record on 'standby'.  He then discovered a loose cable, raved on about how wonderful TIVO is (apparently it has BLUERAY and can be screened in every room!) and off he went.  Result - V+ box began to freeze, reboot and would not record programmes.

Phoned again end of September and tech (4) duly arrived, replaced the 'new' box which he told us was a reconditioned one and was faulty - he actually used a little box to test equipment (a first).  He also ordered a new outside cable to be installed (coming 15th October).  Well after that we thought things would get a little better - result - V+ box began to freeze, reboot and would not record programmes and we lost the TV guide and HD programmes.

Last week my next door neighbour's daughter asked could I return a V+ box of her father's, who had recently passed away.  Virgin were to collect from me on Friday morning.  So whilst I was awaiting collection (to no avail), I rang Virgin to complain about the problems we had been having since July.  Got a lovely lady on the phone (eventually, after asking for complaints number and ringing 0845 - stupid me, it was the usual call number).  Anyway Andrea assured me that she would personally contact a local 'senior' technician and would ring me back with an availability date.  She did ring back and arranged for senior tech to come on Monday (yesterday) between 3pm and 6pm.  Andrea also assured me that she would follow up the visit with a phone call this morning and she was a practising Catholic and would not lie to me!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I am still waiting for yesterday's visit from the senior technician and Andrea's follow up phone call.

This morning I rang faults and arranged for tech (5) to call on Friday evening - much use it will do.  

I am now heartly sick of Virgin.  I have written to the complaints department twice, who also lie by saying that they usually get back within five days (not true).  If I cancel my D.D., I am breaking my contract.

VIRGIN MEDIA REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

Re: Lies, Damned Lies from Virgin Media from the CEO's exec office and very poor customer service

Non-recorded complaints will likely be used for fuel in the burners...

When writing complaint letters use recorded mail.

If they said they were coming the 15th to do a re-pull then I would wait for that.  If the fault is the line then nothing will get fixed until then.

Put off further complaints unti they come for the re-pull, or at least until they cancel the re-pull and dont tell you about it :smileytongue:...

If your taking time off of work for the re-pull then I would try to phone the night before and make sure it is still on, not sure if they can check over the phone for those jobs.  If tech's dont show up, ask for your £5 for the non turn up fee.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

VMCopperUser wrote:

Non-recorded complaints will likely be used for fuel in the burners...

When writing complaint letters use recorded mail.

If they said they were coming the 15th to do a re-pull then I would wait for that.  If the fault is the line then nothing will get fixed until then.

Put off further complaints unti they come for the re-pull, or at least until they cancel the re-pull and dont tell you about it :smileytongue:...

If your taking time off of work for the re-pull then I would try to phone the night before and make sure it is still on, not sure if they can check over the phone for those jobs.  If tech's dont show up, ask for your £5 for the non turn up fee.

If the is a repull booked it will be listed on the account, ask do not guess.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Crafty
timaloy2k8

seems like im not the only one getting lied to. their customer suppot is by far the worst i have ever dealt with

the lies from 1 advisor to the next is shocking even if the callks to them are 10 minutes apart

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
randomeclipse

That's the problem with VM, everything is fine until you want something or have issues with their service - bottom of the pile comes to mind.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
bob12ch

I've just joined Virgin media and hadn't read any of these posts I wish I had - it is obviously a poorly run company in terms of its customer support.  My experience of inadequate service, poor workmanship and just downright lies has been exactly the same as all yours.  I have been without a phone line now for 8 days and despite complaints via the 'contact us' link with its automatic replies have had no contact from Virgin whatsoever.  I'm about to write to Neil Berkett by snail mail (thanks for the tip about using recorded delivery) any idea what his address might be? - every piece of paper I get from Virgin has a different address on it so I suppose the head office might be the best one.  Do you think Ofcom or the office of fair trading ever read these reports?  You'd think with this level of misery they might want to get involved.  I'm also contemplating buying a few shares to get the opportunity to raise the issues at the AGM.

Please use plain text.
KatieL

Please use plain text.