Ask a question
Emerging Talent
eddiestewart

INTERNET CUTS OFF ALL THE TIME..

hi my internet has been generally fine up until yesterday, all of a sudden it cuts out and the tick light on the hub goes completely off but the arrow light is constantly flashing, i have to turn of and on and reset it about 5 to 6 times then it will work again for around 5 mins then go back to the tick light being completely off and arrow flashing. this is so annoying, can a mod advise me what to do please??

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
MartinDEE

Re: INTERNET CUTS OFF ALL THE TIME..

[ Edited ]

can you post your modem power levels and also trst with speedtest.net london or paris servers as thinkbb can be slow at times

(Taken From Mark_Wilkin Post)
Inside the modem are various web pages that contain useful information about your connection. When reporting a connection fault it may be useful to include some of the information found within these pages. To view them open up your web browser and typehttp://192.168.100.1 into the address bar and press Enter.

The main information the Support team are interested in are the Downstream Power Level/Levels, Upstream Power Level and Downstream SNR (called RxMER on some modems). Depending on the model of modem you have this information will either be located in the ‘Signal’ page or the ‘Downstream’ and ‘Upstream’ pages.
Also please include the full event log from inside your modem.

Please note some modems will require you to log in before you can view these pages. The login details for both the username and password is root.

If using Netgear VMDG280
Visit http://192.168.0.1 enter password when prompted (This can be found on a sticker on your VMDG280)
Click on the Connection and paste the information there.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
James_C

Re: INTERNET CUTS OFF ALL THE TIME..

Hi eddiestewart,

I have sent you a Private Message. We'll be happy to progress things for you once we have received your reply.

Kind Regards,

James_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.