Ask a question
Brainbox
cosmicflame

How to leave Virgin Media without fees

Hello, I'm just posting this to help people who are having issues with Virgin and hae lost faith that they'll be fixed.

Phone 150 or write a letter to:

Virgin Media ltd

Virgin Media Cancelation Team

Matrix Court

Siemens Way

Swansea Enterprize Park

Swansea, SA7 9BB

I reccommend phoning them up first as there is a limited time limit for cancelling which I will go on to.

Ok, so you should've recieved a letter saying your price will increase by £1.50 sometime in February. Now read  J.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-cable-services.html#ending

You see? By increaseing the price it means we are entitiled to cancel the contract providing that we give 30 days notice since we've recived the letter. So the clock is ticking! Assuming the worst we will have 3 days to do this.

Now apcyberax says, and quite rightly that they could simply discount you £1.50 and your arguement would be invalid but here are some 'insparational' stories.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1726317&page=2

Hopefully if you stick by your arguement, and if they offer you a special offer, you just put your foot down and say ' No, Virgin Media have broken their side of the contract and that entitles me to leave. It says nothing of special offers or discounts.'

Stay calm, have the Terms and Conditions in front of you and hopefully you'll get somewhere.

Also, if you've been experiencing broadband issues, then obviously say that you have and it'll add favour to your side of the arguement.

I'm going to try tommorrow. I'll keep you posted.

Many Thanks

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
SamKnows

Re: How to leave Virgin Media without fees

Why leave when the total package price even with the increase rivals SKY/BT for all services?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sa321

errr. because SKy/BT services actually works?
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
SamKnows

[ Edited ]

There help and support forum just like this one says otherwise.

Have a read of the SKY broadband section of there forum

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband-Speed/bd-p/sky_broadband_speed

or BT's for that matter

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/bd-p/BBinHome

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Fluke1975

SamKnows - the irony of the name when you question why people would want to leave. I would pay double what i'm paying now just for a connection that works.
Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
SamKnows

What name are you talking about?

SamKnows is a device, nothing to do with knowing something.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
cosmicflame

SamKnows is actually the name of a website, a good one infact, that has infomation on broadband. I used it whilst deciding to go for Virgin ironically, but if I get my Virgin contract cancelled then I'll use it again to decide between O2 and Be lol.
I'm confident I'll get it cancelled, but I have to wait for the engineer to come round, as it will add to my tally.

As for why I would cancel even though the price is good, several reasons:
Yes Virgin may have the fastest speeds, but not for me, and I have no faith that it'll be fixed.
Copper wires are more stable and better for gaming.
I'll be getting a good deal with O2 since we have it for mobile broadband.
And yes, every ISP has issues, and undoubtedly Virgin has far more, but even so, I've used O2 for about 4 years and it had never failed me since 5 months ago, and I know why it failed me. Since my brother hardly uses the internet anymore it'll be fine, and anyways I should be getting 8mb, for my 20mb O2 broadband, which means my brother and I can use he web no problemo I hope. And if we can't we can cancel within 30 days free of charge.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
Adam_Swaine

Yer people need to remember this is a forum for people that have problems, sky/BT don't have some secret tricks up their sleves to make them invunrable to issues. Neither to Virgin.

The amount of people on this forum are a tiny percent of the actually user count for all of VM.

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
SamKnows

Cosmicflame wrote:

SamKnows is actually the name of a website,

Yes they do run a website as well but the name when I chose it when I signed up was for the SamKnow's device I have which monitors my connection.

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

sa321 wrote:
errr. because SKy/BT services actually works?http://cdn.pimpmyspace.org/media/pms/c/1i/sg/z3/lded-smile.gif

So does Virgin Media services but I can see why you say otherwise above.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.