Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
alimk

How can I complain about VM cold calling to my 93 yr old dad?

Virgin Media keep ringing my 93 year old dad who has cable TV and phone and trying to persuade him to upgrade to a package that will "save him money"... but it costs more!.  I want advice on how to stop this as it can't be right that they can cold call vulnerable people!

I have tried a local shop.....they say to ring  customer services but this costs money ...especially if you are not a virginmobile no ........waiting in vain for someone to answer the 0845 number.

Any advice?

Does anyone have the Managing Directors address or e  mail?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
mushers

Re: How can I complain about VM cold calling to my 93 yr old dad?

[ Edited ]

theres a web site called saynoto0870.com that will provide you with a number for virgin begining with 02 ect so charge will be lower

your father will need to go through security (or you ) tell them under no circumstances are they to contact you or your father with marketing calls get the persons name you spoke to and it should be job done

might be best to speak with retentions as all over desks seem to under perform for me

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

I would go straight to retentions.

Phone from his house, on his behalf.  State that if the marketing calls dont stop then you'll discontinue service.

I had to put up with it for years, when I would try to complain I was told that the cold calling was outsourced and they had no control over it  Hopefully times have changed...

If they refuse to help you, ask them if you can change the phone number registered against the TV account, perhaps to a dud mobile.  I dont know if they can or would do it, but it's worth a try.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
alimk

thanks for the advice and I will try the cheaper call option  which might help if they actually have someone at the end of their customer services phone......but  a couple of problems.....

1) what is "retentions" ?   is it an area of customer services?

2) my dad thinks he is being savy saving himself money by getting a package (TV/phone) with free calls to business numbers......( which he does not use) and I dont really want to make him feel bad by calling Virgin in front of him.   I just want to get the calls stopped.

Virginmedia shop did say Virgins cold calling was outsourced too.......so it is probably beyone their control... what an organisation.

Alimk

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
VMCopperUser

[ Edited ]

Retentions is the name you give to any division of a company that is there to "hold" or keep "retention" of a customer.  I would say it's a rare word used outside of companys that have high churn values.  Churn is also a word that managers tend ot ignore because they had to apply it to their buisness.

I think if you dial 150 and then selection option 5 then option 2 (thinking of leaving us) then you'll go rough to them... the menu does change from time to time so I might have the 5/2 bit wrong.

You need to call during working hours on weekdays, not sure they work on saturday.

You could also go through the web form.

Click here , then mouseover general, select cable, click customer service complaint, click next (bottom right) and then fill out the form.

With so many things at VM, This is probably going to be down to who you get on the phone and how good their day is going.  Since it's not your account and your not working directly with your dad then they can refuse to help you under DataProtection laws.

TPS also cant stop these calls because you have a "relationship" with this company.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.

Read or Not ....
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bigandy2011

Hey,

With regards to the cold calls, you have the right to opt out of any markting calls from any company whether you are a customer of said company or not. Although VM may outsourse cold calling VM as a company have a legal obligation to remove marketing concent if requested and would be breaking the law if the don't!

As advised before, I would call VM and request to be removed and if you get no joy I would contact the regulator to make an official complaint!

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

You need to ring up from your fathers house and have him clear Data Protection and then hand the phone over to you at which point you can request for him to removed from the Marketing list, this is the only way that you can do this and it is the correct option.

Marketing calls are inhouse as well and not outsourced.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.