Searching for something?
One to Watch
krstankov

HOW TO change existing password and name of my Virgin broadband wifi connection?

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

Re: HOW TO change existing password and name of my Virgin broadband wifi connection?

this will depend on what router you have.

Normally you can access the setup from one of the following.

http://192.168.0.1

http://192.168.1.1

http://192.168.2.1

Username and passwords compnations to try (if you haven;t reset them)

admin/admin

admin/(blank Password)

admin/password

If non of this works please post your made and model of you router and someone should be able to give you a better idea.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: HOW TO change existing password and name of my Virgin broadband wifi connection?

[ Edited ]

You can find how to change the Wireless Key in the Help site

How do I change my wireless router's WPA network security key/password?

There will also be an option within the screens to change the Network name

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
krstankov

thx guys-------just in case-that s my router 

Cable Modem : DOCSIS 1.0/1.1/2.0 Compliant
Serial Number : 00265EB8E3A1
Boot Code Version : 1.1.2c
Software Version : 2.111.1002
Hardware Version : 1.9
Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

That looks like you modem. 

Think we are all getting abit confused right now can you please check the router and let us know the make and model of this.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
krstankov

D-Link DIR 615

Please use plain text.
Superuser
apcyberax

http://192.168.0.1

Username: admin

Password is blank

YOu have to goto wireless setup then manual settings.

Or something like that then in there you can change the wireless name and password

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
culture

HI I CANT REMEMBER MY USERNAME & PASSWORD ?? IVE TRIED THE WHOLE ADMIN/PASSWORD THING & IT DONT WORK??

I REALLY NEED TO FIND OUT MY NETWORK KEY AS IVE JUST INSTALLED A WIRELESS CARD ON ANOTHER COMP BUT ITS ASKING FOR A NETWORK KEY!!!

I HAVE A NETGEAR VMDG280

AT THE MOMENT ITS CONNECTED TO MY PC THREW CABLES AS IT DOES NOT HAVE A WIRELESS CARD BUILT IN IT

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT

Please use plain text.
nal
Making Waves
nal

[ Edited ]

@culture

Hold the reset button in for a couple of seconds and this will return it to the default settings, then use details on label or username: admin, password: changeme. You will of course have to make up a new key. Print the key off and stick it on the router or keep it somewhere safe, and remember to change your password.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi culture,

Could you please let me know if the information posted by nal helped resolve your issue?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.