Ask a question
mcv
Bright Spark
mcv
Helpful Answer

Dead Router - Netgear WGR614

Hi,

The router I got from VM died a couple weeks back.

No lights coming on at all, left it all unplugged for awhile, tried different power socket etc - still no lights.

Tried the reset pin too.

Phoned 150, told the guy the problem, really difficult to understand him, think he didn't understand me either (why I'm using the forum this time).  Asked me to check again etc, stuck me on hold, then later said would send out a new one and to phone when I receive it.

Days later I get a modem delivered, same as the one I have that is working fine.

But kept waiting on this replacement router... I don't think it's coming.

I assume he has sent me a modem by mistake, or will the modem and router need replaced?

How do I go about getting the router sorted out?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
mcv
Bright Spark
mcv

Re: Dead Router - Netgear WGR614

Still no router.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

hi i have had same issue with modems and routers please call 150 now between 8am and 8pm and u need option 5 to speak to customer relations (it says cancellations) but they can sort anything out brilliant department

talk to them

thanks

GamesUnited Community, GamesUnited blog
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Hi mcv.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I've booked a replacement router to be sent to you.

This should be with you in the next few days.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
mcv
Bright Spark
mcv

Thanks.

Will let you's know when it arrives :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
mcv
Bright Spark
mcv

Dave_O,

Thats me received a replacement router, Dlink dir-615, all seems well, just trying to get used to the different layout setting it up.

Thanks.

Had a wasted day in waiting for HDNL to deliver it, but they did arrive on the 3rd day.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
RegP

Hi

I am a mac user but exactly the same thing has just happened to me. My netgear router suddenly died and after a long time on the phone with 'David" using a premium rate number we established that I was right and it was my router at fault. today (two days later) I received a new router with information about the "new" virginmedia national" service and that I was not to put my new router on before the appropriate date (today).  I had never heard of this national new broadband before but my monthly cost for simply having virgin as an isp (no phone, no tv, no nothing else other than google and email address) jumped from £15 to £18.35 with no explanation whatsoever.

Firstly I am very suspicious as to why my service simply died, coincidently as virgin was implementing its "new, great service", secondly I was provided a new router not matching my existing router and thirdly, I am not being told that my email address will be changing.  My attempts to get an explanation regarding the 20%+ increase in my rental simply put me on a worse merry-go-round than I have ever been on before.

Please use plain text.