Ask a question
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

Re: Continuing bad service, charminster Bournemouth bh8

Thanks Lianne.  How do I go about getting in touch regarding this.  I have emailed the original person who agreed my contract.  They said that if there were further problems then I should contact them and they would look into it.  They haven't responded to my mail.  If I mail via your website it takes weeks to get a reply.  If I go via faults they take me through the usual rebooting procedure.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Hi Ziggystarburst,

You need to contact our customer service team on 150 from Virgin line or on 0845 454 1111(chargeable) to discuss any loss of service refund.

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Crafty
wookey

not being at all skeptical but fault  F002039268 has a current fix time of 05/12/2012. we had the same 'fault last year and as preiously stated it magically gets fixed at this time of year after being put back many times.

I suspect we will see the same again this year. it will be declaired fixed again around this date. Coinscidentally this is when the students go home for christmas. If it follows the same pattern as last year, it gets better between then and when the kids break up, its **bleep** again when everyone is home for christmas (as expected) then gets better for a week untill students back about jan 14th ish.

i called to ask about cancelling contract and apprently i have to pay. not exactly fair if i want out as im consistantly not getting what i pay for.
Do any of the virgin mods on here know if that can be waived so at least i can leave feels very bound in paying for a service i would have to pay to leave early. I must admit it have had a refund on one month so far due to this fault, but id just like internet that works no more chasing every month and what feels like begging to get the service i pay for.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Hi wookey, 

I'm very sorry to see you've been experiencing issues again with your connection and the length of time this has been ongoing for you. 

With regards to the charges being waived for cancellation, this isn't something I can advise on via the Forum.

I would advise to call our Customer Relations team on 150 from a Virgin Landline or 0845 454 1111 ( chargeable ) they will be happy to discuss this with you.

Dai_T

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Crafty
wookey

is fault F002039268 fixed now?not being in town atm I cannot check.

thanks

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi wookey,

A cutover was done at the end of last month, although the ticket remains open. This seems to be for monitoring to check if the issue has now been fixed.

When you're back in town, can you let us know how things seem please?

Kind Regards,

Jason G.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
wookey

no still awful. spoke to a tech in india last night. says that "speed was down and will be fixed 4pm tomorrow"

so maybe at the end of today it will all be fixed and i can finally have a run round on COD or actually watch some bbc i player...

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

[ Edited ]

Wookey, I admire your patience and ringing them up.  I lodged a complaint via their website and had no contact from them whatsoever.   I got my bill right on time though and that was followed up by a letter telling me my package had gone up (3 months after signing up for 12 months).  It did say in the letter that I'm still getting great value though Which was a relief.   The connection is a bit better but for gaming its still useless due to massive dropouts.   I've also been having a problem with my phone on the sure signal box.   Vodafone (unlike virgin) have been helpfDurand did a test on all my kit.  The unstable connection is the problem as it spikes from 56kb to 30 meg and back again and it throws the sure signal box out ie dropping calls etc.  They told me to turn off the sure signal box and see how things went.  No dropped calls at all.  Virgin strike again.  Hope you get your matter resolved.  

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

That ticket needs to stay open.  This morning my "new improved double speed" 30mb connection was bouncing around the 2mb mark.   Whatever has been done has made it very very spikey.  Gaming is impossible as the servers match to the connection at the start of the game.  Once the game starts it can drop from 30 to 1 which ends the game. 

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Hi both,

The ticket is still open and I've asked for an update in the ticket.

Kind Regards,

Jason G.

Please use plain text.