Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

Re: Continuing bad service, charminster Bournemouth bh8

Bumping again. Down to 1.2 down .2 up. I have finished work though. I'm sure it was working while I didn't need to use it. I'm trying to download a big file and it's looking like I'm going to have to leave the computer on all night. Not ideal.
Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Lindsey_P

Hi Ziggystarburst,

I can confirm that the utilisation issue has now been raised to our Networks Team under fault reference F002039268 and is due to be resolved on 03/10/2012 (although this is subject to change).

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused throughout this time.

Kind Regards,

Lindsey P

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Crafty
wookey

I just searched the site and found this post.

I too have the same fault referance: f002039268 and have been given a simular run around . i was told it was fixed on the 7th nov. it is still very broken. I called back just now and have been told thats its going tobe another month to be fixed.

Are they sure they have any intention to fix this? Can any one from VM tell me when this will get fixed or who do i speak to to get the contract cancelled?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

I had a few weeks with a usable service but after being promised they would fix and constant changes to the date it appears that I'm once again down to a crawl.  Especially in the evenings when it's hopeless.  I just need to contact the woman who told me to call her if I get problems again.  She doesn't answer emails any more.  

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Matthew_L

Hi wookey & Ziggystarburst.

The fault reference F002039268 has a current fix time of 05/12/2012 (subject to change).

I'm very sorry it keeps changing and can only apologise for the inconvenience caused and the lack of a service.

In regards to cancelling your contract, you would need to call 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0845 454 1111 and speak to the cancellations/retentions team.
Kind Regards,

Matthew L

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

Broadband has been poor for over a year now.  It feels to me that its not that the fix date "changes".  It's just the fix dates are made up.   If I was talking to a self employed plumber about a boiler then a repair date slipping is one thing.  A multi billion pound company like virgin? Not repairing a massive fault in a year whilst still charging its customers.  Not acceptable I'm afraid.  

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

Update.  Just done a speed test and it was .84 Mbps down. Not bad for a 30mb service.  Can I pay a restricted bill this month with a view to "fixing it soon"  Perhaps December, January, or some time next year?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Ziggystarburst

Here we are, another few months has drifted by and at the time of writing I'm down to .12 mb down .14 up! And I'm paying for 30mb.  12mb would be bad but .12! It's quicker to post a letter.  I'm cant face vm complaints dept any more. it takes 3 months to get a reply. 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
ste_wakeman

Ziggy - you seem au fait with the 'fault reference - fix time - subject to change' line. I'm not sure this forum is really going to help you. Certainly all that VM will do here is keep telling you new estimated fix times and apologising.

Realistically, if you've put up with this for a year but are still unhappy then your only recourse is going to be another formal written complaint. I can imagine the feeling this fills you with, but it's probably the only way you're going to get anywhere.

Be concise, explain the problem and elaborate on how disatisfied you are. Provide them with suggestions of how to fix the problem for you. Yes, obviously you want the service to work but if it's a wide area issue local to you then you might have to accept that the problem at large is not going to be rectified following the disgruntled feedback of a single customer.

Give them 6-8 weeks to satisfactorily respond to your complaint. If they don't, or the outcome is completely unsatisfactoy then get in touch with Ofcom or start scouring for a better ISP. What you're experiencing at the moment sounds like utterly dire, rubbish service, but you're not alone - you can see that there are several other areas affected in a similar manner. If you're outside of your contract though it's silly to just keep throwing £60 p/m their way and hoping that and complaining on a forum will end the problems.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Leanne_K

Hi Ziggystarburst,

I'm sorry for the delay in the fault getting resolved I have double checked today and can see we are currently on schedule for the date given above.

We can certainly adjust your bill to reflect the poor service received, typically we ask that you request this once the fault has been resolved. This will provide a start and end date for the fault in question and will make credit calculations more accurate. Quoting the fault reference number helps as that will provide us with all the fault details.

Leanne K

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.