Ask a question
Wizard
MikeMartin

Can't get SuperHub login page - support requested

I'm really a BB L user (10M), but there are more posts on this Board about the Superhub, so it seems more sensible to post here.

I've been running a Superhub for only about 3 weeks, as my old 'isolated' cable modem started to play up.  I have never had any problem logging into my old previous (personal) Linksys router connected to the old Cable Modem. 

Without a power cycle, as the title suggests, I cannot access the SuperHubs login page (i.e. times out), so can't get access to any of the pages there without a re-boot.  However, apart from that everything is working fine i.e. wired, wireless, internet access, 1Gbit LAN switching, they are all working OK with low ping and little jitter.  So I only have a problem when I need to change a SuperHub setting, or want to look at the SuperHub statistics.

By the way, of course I am using the correct IP 192.168.0.1.  FYI, the Superhub HW is v2, and the software is R30 (latest I believe).

There is nothing unusual in my Superhub setup, mostly defaults other than passwords & SSID.

If I reset the Superhub then everything is OK and I can login. Also I can login again a few minutes or hours later. However after a day, or a few days, when I next need to access the Superhub I can't get the login page again (times out). So I need to do another re-boot.

I am using a wired connection with IE (tried both x32 or x64), and I have tried using two different wired PCs(XP & Win7) with the same result. I have also tried two different iPads (wireless Safari) with the same result. So I am confident it isn't a browser issue or a PC/iPad issue, and it must be a Superhub issue.

It is clearly unacceptable to have to reset the Superhub a couple of times a week.  In my case it is worse as I have a NAS drive, and the combination of the NAS and backup software that is always running does not like the router to be suddenly reset, and requires two or three reboots of my PCs before I can ensure all the backup SW and NAS drive are again in sync.  As the backup SW and NAS don't know if there have been fully in sync during one of the PC re-boots, they defaults to assuming there could be a change on the PC,  so then initiate a full comparison check of every file on the PC. An hour or so later it finishes and finds no differences of course, but it is sensible for it to do so.

So I know resetting the Superhub works but it really isn't an acceptable solution for me to do, if I have to go through all this process about twice a week just because I want to access the SuperHubs pages. Nor should I have to, even if I wasn't running real-time backup to a NAS drive.

I have searched the forum and found others has had some similar experiences, but I never found a solution other than a SuperHub re-boot.  However if everyone is experiences the same thing, I would have expected there to be lots and lots of posts on the issue but there are not. 

So you clever support guys, is this an issue with my particular new Superhub hardware, or is this a generic software issue.  If it is the latter what is the status:- recorded?, isolated?, fix found?, about to be issued in a new software release? etc.  If the later how long do I have to wait?

Assistance would be most welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
MikeMartin

Re: Can't get SuperHub login page - support requested

Oliver_C while you are here could you look at the above please, or make suggestion about how I should progress.  TIA.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
dozer167

MikeMartin wrote:

I'm really a BB L user (10M), but there are more posts on this Board about the Superhub, so it seems more sensible to post here.

I've been running a Superhub for only about 3 weeks, as my old 'isolated' cable modem started to play up.  I have never had any problem logging into my old previous (personal) Linksys router connected to the old Cable Modem. 

Without a power cycle, as the title suggests, I cannot access the SuperHubs login page (i.e. times out), so can't get access to any of the pages there without a re-boot.  However, apart from that everything is working fine i.e. wired, wireless, internet access, 1Gbit LAN switching, they are all working OK with low ping and little jitter.  So I only have a problem when I need to change a SuperHub setting, or want to look at the SuperHub statistics.

By the way, of course I am using the correct IP 192.168.0.1.  FYI, the Superhub HW is v2, and the software is R30 (latest I believe).

There is nothing unusual in my Superhub setup, mostly defaults other than passwords & SSID.

If I reset the Superhub then everything is OK and I can login. Also I can login again a few minutes or hours later. However after a day, or a few days, when I next need to access the Superhub I can't get the login page again (times out). So I need to do another re-boot.

I am using a wired connection with IE (tried both x32 or x64), and I have tried using two different wired PCs(XP & Win7) with the same result. I have also tried two different iPads (wireless Safari) with the same result. So I am confident it isn't a browser issue or a PC/iPad issue, and it must be a Superhub issue.

It is clearly unacceptable to have to reset the Superhub a couple of times a week.  In my case it is worse as I have a NAS drive, and the combination of the NAS and backup software that is always running does not like the router to be suddenly reset, and requires two or three reboots of my PCs before I can ensure all the backup SW and NAS drive are again in sync.  As the backup SW and NAS don't know if there have been fully in sync during one of the PC re-boots, they defaults to assuming there could be a change on the PC,  so then initiate a full comparison check of every file on the PC. An hour or so later it finishes and finds no differences of course, but it is sensible for it to do so.

So I know resetting the Superhub works but it really isn't an acceptable solution for me to do, if I have to go through all this process about twice a week just because I want to access the SuperHubs pages. Nor should I have to, even if I wasn't running real-time backup to a NAS drive.

I have searched the forum and found others has had some similar experiences, but I never found a solution other than a SuperHub re-boot.  However if everyone is experiences the same thing, I would have expected there to be lots and lots of posts on the issue but there are not. 

So you clever support guys, is this an issue with my particular new Superhub hardware, or is this a generic software issue.  If it is the latter what is the status:- recorded?, isolated?, fix found?, about to be issued in a new software release? etc.  If the later how long do I have to wait?

Assistance would be most welcome. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi MikeMartin,

from what I have read of your post you have done every thing possible in attempting to resolve this issue to no avail.  I feel it would be in your best interest to give Virgin Media Customer services a call to arrange a replacement SuperHub.

If you have a Virgin Media landline, you can contact them by dialling 150 from your handset, or alternatively if you don't have a Virgin landline, you can call them on any telephone by calling 08454541111.

Hope the info helps                Regards dozer167

I do not work for Virgin Media, I'm just another customer. If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the kudos star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer?
Please use plain text.
Wizard
MikeMartin

Could a mod confirm that my SuperHub looks to be faulty and needs replacing.  I don't want to spend ages on the line to India having to explain all this again.  I'm sure they will just say try re-booting!!

Please use plain text.
Font of All Knowledge
Peter_

The way the forum team reply to posts is based on the date/time of the last post within the thread, so each subsequent post within a thread essentially puts the thread to the back of the queue.

Therefore 'bumping' posts generally has the opposite effect to that intended.

If you continue to post on this thread it will not get read by a member of the forum team, the other option is to ring tomorrow shortly after after 8am when the UK agents come online after the weekend.

Has this post helped you out? say thanks by clicking on the RED STAR +☆
If I helped to answer your question then please click 'Helpful Answer' also
Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi Mike
As advised by dozer167, whilst this behaviour from a superhub is not unheard of, it is not normal behaviour, and taking into consideration all of the fault finding you have already completed, it appears that a replacement superhub will need to be sent to resolve this issue.

Please send me a Private Message if you would like me to despatch a replacement hub for you. In the message please confirm your Virgin Media mail address and include a link back to this thread, I can then arrange for a replacement to be sent.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
GRC
Making Waves
GRC

Hi Steve

Although a long time VM (and NTL) customer I amnew to this foru, so have probably waded in in the wrong place.

I have had precisely the same problem as described ever since I upgraded to 30MB and received a Superhub.  The fact that I wanted to access my hub a few minutes ago and it again unaccessible prompted me to search (again) for a solution and landed here.

Can you also organise a replacement for me or must I first log an issue somewhere?

thanks

Gary

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Hi MikeMartin,

Thanks for your PM. I have ordered a replacement Superhub for you.

Regards,
John Haggerty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
XTR3M3-PHR34KS

Hiya, it seems im too a victim of this annoying problem.

I submitted a post yesterday and i came across yours today. 

Im glad im not alone on this. I posted mine on another forum, but i thought it would apply here too.

VIRGIN TEAM?? ANY HELP??

Hi was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem...

To give a little background;

I was on the 30MB package for a while. I got a new Superhub and so far its worked well. 

I then recently change my package back to the 10MB but left the new Superhub connected rather than switch back to the WebStar Modem.

My problem comes when I try to access the router menu via a web browser.

My Router Menu ip address is 192.168.0.1

From time to time, I find that I cannot access my router menu unless I restart the router.

When I reboot the router, the problem is gone and hey presto I can log back into the router menu.

The patterns that have emerged are: When I haven't rebooted the Superhub in a long period of time or if I have done some heavy downloading in a short period of time.

But I am still able to connect to the Internet via wireless or Ethernet. I can even connect my iPhone to the wireless and surf the web, but I cannot access the SuperHub Router Menu.

I have tried to log on to the router menu with another computer and I still have the same problem.

I have tried many web browsers such as Chrome, IE, Firefox & Comodo Dragon

I have tried connecting via an Ethernet cable and wireless and still no luck.

I have used windows CMD to ping the IP address and it give me a successful ping all the time.

I have cleared out any browsing history in my browsers. Rebooted the laptop just in case Windows needs a clean reboot.

The only solution so far is to restart the SuperHub otherwise I can never gain access to my Router Menu,

To date, I have found that on 2 separate occasions that, when I do restart the SuperHub, my router sometimes fails to connect to the Internet. The SuperHub connection status will say 'not allowed'

I will append some more details to this log later. I cannot be asked to restart the router now especially 1am in the morning.

I will submit logs and hardware details later. 

Any help/comments/suggestions in the meantime will be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Mark_Wilco

Hi MikeMartin

Can you try to log in using 192.168.100.1 ? If that doesn't make any difference please try a pinhole reset on the superhub by holding the reset button in for 30 seconds.

Mark_Wilco

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.