Searching for something?
One to Watch
jollyman

Re: Can't access router setup page

Same problem for me. Again, resetting the router allows me to access the router settings through 192.168.0.1 but only for a day or two and then connection times out. And this is the Super Hub. Not so super in my experience.

Just to be clear I can still access the internet I just can't access the router settings.

Wireless connection

Windows 7 64bit

Any help much appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Crafty
dedlite

Can I asked iv your'e router has the latest, R30 software upgrade?

I think this is your problem.  The R30 software effectively knocks out the wirless connection, although wired connections are fine.

Although this is a widely known problem, I've yet to see a response from the VM team, and a fix is needed urgently.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
dedlite

I've now found out that changing to the new wireless 5ghz band mode, as the new R30 upgraded allows, seeems to fix this.

Interestiong that 2.4ghz now doesn't work, although it did before.

But now I'm happy.  As I said, I changed the wireless band on the superhub, NOTHING NEEDED ON THE CLIENTS, eg. iPad, phones, laptop etc.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Hi jollyman,

What browser are you using? Does this fault happen if you try an alternative browser?

Regards,

Ray Miranda
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
WATTS

I have this same issue. So annoying. Internet fine, browsing fine but cant get into the router settings page at 192.168.0.1 etc. Tried on Chrome, IE same problem. Anyone found a fix?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
horseman

[ Edited ]

Since you appended to a thread that is over 2 years old (rather than copious newer threads with same symptoms) do we assume the last time you succesfully checked your SHub that you still had same R30 firmware level or are you definitley using the old VMDG280 standard hub?  :smileywink:

Otherwise with that perceived lack of attention to detail how can we be sure that "etc" also includes the obvious 192.168.100.1  access? :smileysad:

What error messages are you getting from browsers specifically?  

If you've already ensured that no browser extensions are interfering, including trying in your OS's equivalent of Safe boot+networking mode and checked any "hosts" file, then have you subsequently also tried "resetting to Factory defaults option?  Assuming before you try the latter last resort that you did take the precaution of backing up your Hub configuration details?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Dean_A_W

[ Edited ]

Hello WATTS

I'm sorry your experiencing this particular issue. Have you tried pinhole resetting the Superhub? Have you tried turning your security software off and trying in safemode with networking as horseman has kindly advised? Sometimes a security software or windows firewall can block access, if you have tried alternate browsers and deleted your temporary Internet files cookies and history?

Kind regards,

Dean_A_W
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
Skysurfer

[ Edited ]

Horseman...

"also includes the obvious 192.168.100.1 access?"
Not so obvious to me, mine was installed last month, I used to be able to access it on the old IP of 192.168.0.1 - the one PRINTED ON THE ROUTER!
Many thanks for pointing this out, I'm now fine, but not got a lot of hair left...;-)
Top man,

Wondering whether Virgin Galactic is going to work as well as this service...
Please use plain text.
Superuser
horseman

[ Edited ]

Skysurfer wrote:

Horseman......

Many thanks for pointing this out, I'm now fine, but not got a lot of hair left...;-)
Top man,

Do you realise how distabilising this time dilation affect is?  I feel like I'm on the event horizon of a black hole (aka VM's offshore call centre! :smileywink:.

You post on a 2yr old thread and subsequently respond 6 months later! :smileywink:  You really ought to consider the next Project Managers position for Virgin Media! :smileywink:

Seriously, glad you're sorted but don't let my ascerbic attempt at wit dissuade you from posting again! :smileywink:

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
sarahsmalley

i'v had the same problem can't get to my hub settings web page but can go online still. you may have put your router in to modem mode which turns off your wifi an only uses the ethernet cable ether way u can fix the problem by resting you router by the reset button on the back off your router hold it in for 20 seconds an reload your web browser

Please use plain text.